Wingify is the organisation behind VWO – the world’s leading experience optimization and growth platform. VWO helps our customers create delightful digital experiences and increase conversions across the entire customer journey by providing one integrated platform to understand visitor behavior, run experiments, personalize experiences and re-engage them.
Used by 2500+ brands across 90+ countries, VWO clients span across industries, including online retail, fashion, travel, B2B/SaaS, media and entertainment including brands like Ubisoft, Dominos, Target & eBay. VWO is the winner of several industry awards, including G2Crowd Leader in A/B testing.
With clients across 90+ countries, we are GDPR/CCPA/HIPAA compliant. We are looking for a Manager in our legal team to help us unlock a new growth phase by ensuring all contractual obligations are protected.
- Ensure timely review of contract modifications and communication of changes and notices to the business teams.
- Identifying legal risks in contracts and agreements.
- Interact with the internal and external stakeholders to ensure all contractual obligations of the Company are taken care of and contractual rights of the Company are protected
- Improve/develop standard form agreements, privacy policies and legal processes.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (Sales, HR, Marketing, Finance, and Operations) in order to resolve legal and business challenges
- Reviewing and advising on Insurance policies/renewals
- Advising management on various legal and contractual issues
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor/master degree in law.
- 5-8 years of total experience – with a law firm / Technology / SaaS Company.
- Experience in drafting and negotiation of IT/and services agreements/ data protection agreements/ partnership/ non-disclosure agreements/ Vendor Agreements.
- Experience in reviewing and negotiation of information technology agreements, SaaS agreements, and data protection agreements is a must.
- Experience and knowledge in global data protection laws and regulatory requirements regarding personal information (including GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, etc).
- Experience in contract lifecycle management, intellectual property laws.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, good negotiation skills, able to understand business requirements and ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
- General understanding of technology around data collection and processing, and ability to review information security practices and requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word
A day in the life of a legal manager
- 70% of the work is reviewing contracts – both customer and vendor contracts. We sign DPAs with our customers and in case of non-standard DPAs, a legal manager works with our customer DPAs
- For working with customer agreements, senior legal managers have experience in data protection laws.
- Get on calls with sales teams to drive negotiations.
- Check vendor contracts for software required by marketing/sales/HR team
- Participate in operational action items. Make sure Wingify has taken care of terms and conditions of policies. Sending/receiving legal notices to parties using our IP without authorisation/competition.
Meeting expectations as a legal manager
As a legal manager at Wingify, these responsibilities are the expectations from your role and you’ll find a version of it in your goal sheets.
- Maintaining SLA timelines for agreement reviews. For all agreements, individual has to respond with a turn around time of 48 hours
- Reviewing VWO’s terms and conditions annually
- Being able to prioritise between urgent and important contracts
- Maintain trackers for contractual risks agreed by Wingify across contracts
Excelling as a legal manager
As a legal manager at Wingify, these responsibilities if undertaken and delivered apart from the goals mentioned above would be exceeding expectations.
- Taking new initiatives to streamline processes
- Reducing the turnaround time by scaling the processes
- Educating internal team members about our positions in the agreements
Reporting and working relationship
You will be reporting to Maheshnarayan Sarasan, Senior Manager – Legal. Your working relationship will be closely related to the Wingify Sales and CSM team.
Link to apply
For regular updates, join us: