Paralegal & Operations Analyst – General Counsel’s Office
Join the Thomson Reuters General Counsel’s Office as a Paralegal & Operations Analyst, combining legal documentation and systems operation skills in one digital legal career.
The Paralegal & Operations Analyst is part of a small team of lawyers supporting Procurement and Technology functions. The role supports this team half time and the broader General Counsel’s Office half time for a variety of diverse projects.
Primary Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
About the Role
In this opportunity as Paralegal & Operations Analyst, you will:
- Maintain contract template library, manage contract clauses including clause mappings, and any needed translations
- Lead the organizational effort for and assist with the editing of various forms, templates, playbooks and guidelines
- Create tools such as training presentations and checklists related to the commercial agreement contracting process
- Develop and implement digital operational practices, process improvements, digital process mappings, and workflows related to managing commercial transactions and contract templates
- Become a subject matter expert in contract lifecycle management, including tools and best practices
- Configure and administrate the business rules of legal operations systems
- Conduct legal research on various issues, including tracking and summarizing legislative/regulatory requirements
- Draft, review and negotiate simple or straightforward commercial agreements, including software licenses, software as a service, professional services, statements of work, service and maintenance schedules, NDAs, and similar contract documentation
- Collaborate with Procurement and other business stakeholders on joint processes and projects
You’re a fit for the role of Paralegal & Operations Analyst if you have:
- Deep understanding of contract structures and competent understanding of contract term meanings
- Interest in technology, including new and emerging technologies
- Paralegal or equivalent certification a plus but not required
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Fluency in English
- Excellent written communication, grammar, and editing skills
- Ability to translate work into digital forms to create efficiencies
- Strong business acumen
- Strong Microsoft Word and Sharepoint capabilities
- Strong understanding of procurement best practices
- College degree
What’s in it For You?
At Thomson Reuters, their people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits they offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Their Culture: hybrid work environment; emphasis on people diversity and environmental sustainability; robust learning opportunities; cohesive, supportive and smart colleagues
- Learning & Development: robust learning opportunities, CLEs, gig project opportunities across the company
- Benefits: Competitive benefits package, bonus eligibility
- Social Impact: Pro bono and volunteer opportunities, including allotment of work hours to do so
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, they’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Their industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals
combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, they rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on their goals. To ensure they can do that, they seek talented, qualified employees in all their operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
They also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Link to apply
For regular updates, join us: