Our People & Culture and Legal teams make sure we provide a highly ethical working environment where everyone at Priceline can bring their whole selves to work and deliver their very best each day. We want you to thrive – to feel safe, supported, valued, and growing to your highest potential!
Why is this job a big deal?
As the Legal Operations Manager, you will report into the VP of Legal, Head of Commercial, Strategic & Corporate Affairs and work directly across the Legal Team and with other key stakeholders, including across the Booking Holdings family of brands, to ensure that objectives are met.
You will also create and manage operational processes to ensure our Legal Team is efficiently delivering on critical and high value matters across the company. The role requires an organized, detail-oriented, and highly efficient individual with great interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
In this role you will get to:
- Process improvement: Identify opportunities to improve processes, stay aware of and share best practices, develop playbooks, training and improve efficiency across the legal team.
- Manage technology solutions: Implement and manage technology solutions to optimize legal performance, including contracts and matter management tools, budget and vendor tracking software and other systems and databases utilized across the company. Stay aware of legal operations industry trends and advise on needed upgrades and improvements to business processes and tools.
- Contract Drafting & Management: Work with legal and business teams to negotiate and draft contracts/templates and facilitate the company’s contract management technology, including template creation, contract tracking, record-keeping, and administering an Apttus contracts management database.
- Project management: Defining roles, responsibilities, accountabilities, and timelines for project tasks. Coordinating the activities of cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and successful execution.
- Reporting & Analytics: Develop and implement appropriate metrics and benchmarking through data analytics to measure and report on the Legal Team’s performance both within and outside the department. Create and distribute regular performance reports using legal team tools, including but not limited to Apttus, Legal Tracker, Jira and Confluence.
- Budget management: Manage departmental budget, including the planning cycle within the company timeline.
- Legal Vendor management: Supervise expense control and guide the Legal Team’s external vendor relations, including overseeing vendor and law firm rates, alternative and fixed pricing billing and compliance with company policies and billing guidelines. Manage Legal Tracker legal billing process.
- Legal entity compliance. Oversee and manage corporate filings related to Priceline companies; manage know your customer requests for information from across the business.
- Litigation Support: Oversee and manage cost effective litigation support and e-discovery processes and policies.
- Group-wide partnership: Facilitate communications and deliverables between Priceline’s Legal Team and our parent company and sibling brands to help ensure deliverables, obligations and strategic goals are met.
- Assistance in Managing Control Environment: Experience monitoring controls and the control environment relevant to the Legal Department, including familiarity with relevant tools, such as AuditBoard.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; J.D. a plus
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a legal assistant or operations manager, or comparable legal administration and/or management
- Demonstrated experience of streamlining legal processes and administering contract and legal matter management systems
- Ability to read, understand and draft contractual terms using a standard playbook; experience in redlining and negotiating agreements and legal invoices
- High level of experience managing various legal-oriented administrative tasks with ease
- Strong powerpoint, G-suite and Excel skills
- Prior experience with relevant legal, project management and operational tools (ideally including Apttus, Legal Tracker, Jira, Salesforce, and GEMS , but not required)
- Prior experience working directly with key stakeholders throughout an organization including senior leadership, commercial sales & marketing, customer service and HR
- Good judgment, high integrity, and strong communication skills
- Comfortable operating under pressure/with sense of urgency
- In-house experience in a technology company legal department a plus
- Multi-tasking extraordinaire. The ability to effectively work across various time zones and balance competing demands is critical.This role will be based in our Mumbai, India office when it reopens. Some travel may be required with the position (post-Covid).
THEY ARE PRICELINE
Our success as one of the biggest players in online travel is all thanks to our incredible, dedicated team of talented employees. Priceliners are focused on being the best travel deal makers in the world, fueled by our passion to help everyone experience the moments that matter most in their lives. Whether it’s a dream vacation, your cousin’s graduation, or your best friend’s wedding – we make travel affordable and accessible to our customers. Our culture is unique and inspiring (that’s what our employees tell us). We’re a grown-up, startup. We deliver the excitement of a new venture, without the struggles and chaos that can come with a business that hasn’t stabilized. We’re on the cutting edge of innovative technologies. We keep the customer at the center of all that we do. Our ability to meet their needs relies on the strength of a workforce as diverse as the customers we serve. We bring together employees from all walks of life and we are proud to provide the kind of inclusive environment that stimulates innovation, creativity and collaboration. If you want to be part of something truly special, check us out! Priceline is part of the Booking Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: BKNG) family of companies.
Our sister companies include Booking, BookingGo, Agoda, Kayak and OpenTable. Priceline ensures equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without discrimination or harassment based on race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law We’re excited that you are interested in a career with us.
For all current employees, please use the internal portal to find jobs and apply.External candidates are required to have an account before applying. When you click Apply, returning candidates can log in or new candidates can quickly create an account to save/view applications.
For regular updates, join us: