- Providing legal advice to support the business ensuring corporate and regulatory compliance. This includes:
- Managing corporate and legal compliance in the South Asia region;
- Supporting the Legal team in monitoring and reporting on regulatory developments in South Asian countries which the Company operates or intends to operate.
- Conducting legal research, where required.
- Working in consultation with and the oversight of the global Legal team.
- Highlighting, advising on and proposing business-oriented solutions in relation to contractual issues, legal and commercial risks on a wide range of matters, including general commercial and corporate advisory work.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts with payment channel providers, merchants and third-party vendors in the region.
- Responding to enquiries from business development teams about legal and contractual obligations.
- Instructing and managing external counsels, where required.
- Handling other in-house legal matters including employment issues relating to the region.
- Comfortable meeting and building relationships with regulators and other government officials as required.
- Acting as registered grievance officer in India for the Indian entity.
- Undertaking any other ad hoc legal projects as assigned.
- Law degree from a recognised university
- Qualified to practice law in India.
- At least 3-5 years of commercial contract review experience in India. Similar work experiences in other South Asian countries such as Pakistan or Bangladesh will be advantageous.
- Excellent English speaking and written abilities. Hindi or Bengali language skills are also advantageous.
- Strong drafting, negotiation and client communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making and risk assessment capabilities, with good judgment and commitment to delivering results.
- Experience within Fintech industry will be advantageous.
- A good understanding of cross-border commercial work.
- Hands on, independent, and has excellent interpersonal skills.
Link to apply
For regular updates, join us: