About the competition:
The Legal Aid Clinic of University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun brings forth UPES National Article Writing Competition, 2020 focusing on the theme of “Free Legal Services” in order to impart knowledge about the basic legal rights, duties, and remedies which one should be aware of in his/her day to day life and bring it in use as and when needed. It aims to make people aware of the various mechanisms, organs, and statutes of the justice delivery system available to them for grievance redressal and to sensitize them towards utilization of the grievance redressal organs of the justice system. It also attempts to make people aware of the role of Lok Adalat, Free Legal Aid, and District Legal Services Authority.
Free Legal Services.
- Free Legal Aid
- Lok Adalat,
- Article 39 of the Indian Constitution,
- Legal Aid Clinics in Law Schools,
- Legal Literacy Programmes,
- District Legal Services Authorities,
- Free Legal Advice by Law Practitioners, etc
Note: The list of Sub-themes is not exhaustive, the students are free to select any topic falling under the Broad theme.
- Registrations Open: 5 November 2020.
- Last Date of Registration: 20 November 2020.
- Last Date of Abstract Submission: 20 November 2020.
- Last Date of Article Submission: 20 December 2020.
- Declaration of Result: 15 January 2021.
The Competition is open to all students pursuing 3 or 5 year LL.B, LL.M from any recognized institution across the nation.
- The Article must be submitted in the English language only and must be in Microsoft Word Format(.doc/.docx) or PDF.
- The word limit would be around 1500-2000 words. (exclusive of the footnotes and abstract).
- The author may or may not include an abstract in the article.
- Co-authorship up to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
- The article should be the author’s original work and should not be published previously.
- The authors are not allowed to use any content from any online or offline resources without proper credits for the entry shall be deemed plagiarised and would be subjected to disqualification.
- Submissions with similarity will be automatically rejected.
- The file name of the submission must be as follows:
- In case of Single Author – ‘full name of the author.docx/.pdf’
- In case of Co-authors – ‘first name of Authors 1& 2.docx/.pdf’
- The last page of the submission must include the following information:
a. Name of the Author(s)
b. Name of the Institution.
Note: Non-compliance with either of the guidelines mentioned above will result in disqualification.
- The essay should be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size-12, Line Spacing-1.5, and Justified.
- The footnotes must be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size-10, and Line Spacing-1.
- The authors are expected to footnote their sources using any uniform citation method.
- Rules/Guidelines are subject to change as per university norms.
- The copyright of the published articles shall rest with UPES School of law.
- Plagiarized content shall not be entertained and shall be subjected to disqualification
Registration and submission link:
The interested students are required to submit an abstract along with the registration form.
- The winner will receive a Cash Prize of Rs. 10,000/- & E-Certificate of Merit
- The Runner-up will receive a Cash Prize of Rs. 5,000/- & E-Certificate of Merit
- 2ndRunner-up receives a Cash Prize of Rs. 3,000/- & E-Certificate of Merit
- 2 consolation awards of Rs. 1,000/- & E-Certificate of Merit will also be awarded
- The Top 10 entries will be awarded an E-Certificate of Merit
- The Top 15 entries will be compiled and Published
- All participants will be awarded an E-Certificate of Participation
Drishti Tiwari(Student Convenor)- 9425556026
Sidhanta Sarkar(Secretary)- 97202 81573
Ajay Narwal(Treasurer)- 93284 44442
Visit us for more such opportunities: http://lexpeeps.in/