National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) is an apex regulatory body for the overall regulation of regional rural banks and apex cooperative banks in India. It is under the jurisdiction of Ministry of Finance, Government of India.
About the Opportunity
NABARD is inviting applications from talented and motivated students for its Student Internship 2022-23 to fill up 40 seats for the same.
The objective of the Scheme is to assign short-term tasks/projects/studies useful and relevant to NABARD, to students pursuing a post-graduate degree (completing/completed the first year) in Agriculture and allied disciplines, Agri-business, Economics, Social Sciences, and Management, as well as Law.
The scheme is expected to provide valuable feedback with a fresh perspective through studies/projects undertaken by the students on themes of interest to NABARD.
Number of Vacancies
40 (35 seats for Regional Offices/TEs & 05 seats for Head Office)
Please refer to the official notification for the detailed breakup of seats.
Mode of Internship
Physical; At NABARD’s offices
Roles and Responsibilities of the Intern
The broad objective is to assess/gauge the impact of various NABARD interventions at the ground level.
The SIS 2022-23 scheme will also serve as an exercise for documentation of success stories of NABARD’s projects/programs/schemes/activities at the field level.
Responsibilities: To study one of the following three NABARD interventions only:
a) Farmers Producer Organisations/Farmer Collectives
b) Rural Community Institutions: SHGs/JLGs or
c) Watershed Development Programmes
The study sample may cover mixed units/respondents (with and without NABARD’s support/interventions) to make a comparative assessment and qualitative feedback.
Eligibility Criteria (Educational Background, Skills and Abilities Required, etc)
- Students pursuing a post-graduate degree (having completed/completing 1st year) in
- Agriculture and allied disciplines (Veterinary, Fisheries, etc.),
- Social Sciences and Management from Institutes/ Universities of repute OR
- Students pursuing 5 years of integrated courses including Law completing/completed 4th year of their course
- Students applying for internships in a particular state must be either pursuing their degree from that State or they must belong to that State (ordinarily resident of the State).
- For seats allocated to Head Office, Mumbai students pursuing education from Mumbai would be preferred. However, seats in Head Office, Mumbai are open to applications from students across the country.
Stipend (If any)
- Stipend/month (Minimum 8 weeks (2 Months) to maximum 12 Weeks (3 months): Rs. 18,000 per month
- Field visit allowance (including of all expenditure)-maximum for 30 days:
- Rs. 2,000 per day (For 8 North-East Region States (NER))
- 1500 per day (Excluding 8 NER States)
- Travel allowance for field visits from HQ to Field and back to HQ. On reimbursement basis subject to submission of valid tickets /other proofs (like petrol/taxi receipts): Rs. 6,000 per head (maximum)
- Miscellaneous expenses on declaration basis: Rs. 2,000 per head
March 31, 2022
For any queries/clarifications please reach out to NABARD via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
Contact at: 022-2653953
Link for more details
Link to apply
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.