About Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HP)
The Hewlett Packard (HP) Enterprise Company is an American multinational enterprise information technology company based in Texas, United States, which works in servers, storage, networking, containerization software and consulting and support.
About the Job Role
The legal counsel to HPE is expected to apply legal knowledge to complex business transactions and work in areas such as Intellectual Property, Mergers and Acquisitions, Ethics, Antitrust, Commercial Law, and Litigation to name but a few.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The legal counsel to HP is expected to:
- Acts as legal advisor to assigned internal clients or other company attorneys with respect to matters related to the area of specialty,
- Identifies legal risk and recommends solutions that help address the client’s objectives,
- Represents company in transactions, interactions, or disputes with customers, suppliers, partners, and competitors
- Balances the business interests of client groups with ultimate fiduciary responsibility to company
- Represents the company before industry policy setting organizations, government agencies, and other regulatory bodies
- Areas of law practiced may include intellectual property law, mergers and acquisitions, corporate securities law, litigation, employment, structured financial deals, US government contracting, outsourcing, environmental, employee benefits and bankruptcy.
- Manages the development of legal strategies by providing specialized legal expertise in one or more areas of strategic importance or having significant impact on revenue, risk, and policy for client base.
- Plans and facilitates training and mentoring sessions with other team members and clients to share expertise on a variety of subtopics related to a specific legal concentration.
- Identifies and resolves highly complex legal, regulatory, and business issues requiring highly specialized knowledge and judgment.
- Acts as a master of the area of specialization by networking effectively to share subject matter expertise across a broad cross-section of the organization, etc.
Eligibility & Experience
- Educational Qualifications:
- Advanced university degree in law (e.g. JD or LLB); additional advanced degree relevant to the specialty preferred,
- Meets local legal license requirements.
- Typically 2-4 years of commercial legal experience at a law firm or in-house.
- Significant experience managing multiple, complex, strategic, specialty law projects, issues, and transactions.
- Required Skills
- Mastery of practical and academic knowledge within a specific legal concentration, and a recognized authority in one or more sub-areas within the specific legal concentration,
- Deep knowledge of company policies, procedures, and practices relevant to the specialty,
- Developed understanding of how to operate successfully in the international legal environment for the specific legal concentration,
- Mastery in negotiating or advising senior representatives of external and internal organizations on complex and high value/risk matters in a specialty,
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, and networking skills,
- English language skills to business standard required.
Bangalore (now, Bengaluru), Karnataka
Link to apply
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.