The Competition Commission of India (CCI) invites applications for internships at their office in New Delhi.
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) is a statutory authority of the Government of India that is in charge of implementing The Competition Act 2002, fostering competition across India, and prohibiting acts that have a significant negative impact on competition in India. It was founded on October 14, 2003.
About the Opportunity
The Commission provides internship opportunities to students of law, economics, management, regulatory governance, and professional studies in order to sensitise and train them on competition law.
Mode of Internship
Roles and Responsibilities
- Selected interns will be sent to various divisions of the Commission in batches, where they will work under the guidance/supervision of the officer(s) assigned to them by the Divisional Head (s). At the end of the internship, each intern must give a presentation on the work completed during the internship time, failing which no certificate or stipend will be issued. Interns are required to maintain discipline, timeliness, and honesty; failure to do so will result in the internship being terminated.
- While the internship is a full-time programme, interns must adhere to the Commission’s working hours.
- Applicable to Indian Nationals only.
- The internship is open to students from recognized Institutions and Universities with exposure to Competition Law.
- Students with a placement in hand are not eligible.
- The second and third year of the Bachelor’s degree in Law (3-year course after graduation) or
- The fourth and final year of the five-year integrated course in Law and students who have taken 3rd year exam and are entering the 4th year.
INR 15,000 per month.
How to Apply?
- Interested students may apply in the prescribed format given in Annexure. Application in any other format will not be entertained.
- The application must contain a recommendation of competent authority from the academic institution, where the candidate is pursuing her / his studies. Applications received without recommendations will not be entertained.
- Applicants are required to submit a ‘Statement of Purpose’ in about 200 words broadly covering a brief introduction of the topic and objectives of the study
- The application should reach by the 1st of the preceding month to the month for which the application is intended to be made e.g. for Dec, 2016 application should reach by the 1st Nov, 2016.
- Applications in the prescribed format complete in all respects may be sent by post to reach- The Secretary, Competition Commission of India, Competition Commission of India, 10th Floor, Office Block, Tower.1, Ring Road (Opposite AIIMS) Kidwai Nagar (East), New Delhi-110023”.
- Applications can also be emailed at email@example.com
- Envelope-carrying applications should be superscribed “Application for Internship for Month/Year”
Before April 1, 2023. (For the month of May)
In case of any query, kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to view the official notification.
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates on more opportunities, we can catch up at-