About DoL, Panjab
The Department of Laws, Panjab University was originally established at Lahore in 1889, re-established at Shimla in 1948, and finally re-located at the University Campus at Chandigarh in 1959.
About the Moot Court Competition
The present moot court competition shall be conducted with the objective to provide learning opportunities to the students. The Department believes in imparting value-added education and thus present event shall help students in enhancing their research skills, writing, and advocacy.
The present moot problem is based on Constitutional Law, Parliamentary Privileges, and their exercise by the members of Parliament.
Students enrolled in a full-time Law Degree Programme i.e. Five-Years Integrated Law Degree Programme or Three-Years LL. B Programme at the time of the competition is eligible to participate in the Competition.
Only One Team shall be eligible to participate from an Institution.
How to submit?
- The participants as a team are requested to register online from November 10, 2021 through the link given at the end of this post.
- After this initial registration, team codes shall be allotted and communicated on mail provided in the Form by the participants.
- The registered teams shall submit their soft copies of memorials of both sides to email email@example.com by December 5, 2021 and the mail should mention the subject ‘Memorials for Team Code X. The Team Codes shall be allotted to the participating team after their initial registration.
- The registration fees of Rs. 500/- shall be paid later online and a copy of the receipt must be sent to mail i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only after payment of registration fees along with a soft copy of the memorial submission, participation of teams shall be confirmed and same shall be communicated to given mail provided in the registration form.
Note: Please find the rules and regulation, and the moot proposition annexed to the official brochure.
- Payable To: Head Deptt of Law
- Account Number: 10444977656
- IFS Code: SBIN0000742
- Branch: SBI, Sector 14, Punjab University, Chandigarh
- Winning Team: Rs. 11,000
- 1st Runner Up: Rs. 8,000
- Best Speaker: Rs. 4,000
- Runner Up Speaker: Rs. 2000
- Best Researcher: Rs. 2,000
- Best Memorial: Rs. 3,000
- E-Certificates of Merit/Participation shall be awarded to every participating team within 1 week of the completion of the Moot Court Competition.
November 20, 2021. Register here- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScmo_NFfrD9C2DBJZRAGdEHmjY8G1FbnESf7LPzN9coguAySQ/viewform
Faculty Convenor: Dr. Paramjeet Kaur, Prof. Department of Laws, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Rohtash (Research Scholar)
- Contact Number: 9466609037
- Shruti Dahiya (Research Scholar)
- Contact Number: 9050255515
- Bhawna Kesar (Research Scholar)
- Contact Number: 8054471192