JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Corporate & Investment Bank – WHOLESALE PAYMENTS
The WP business operates across multiple countries and its principal activities include providing (i) cash and liquidity management products and services to local and multi-national corporations, bank and non-bank financial institutions, and government bodies, (ii) merchant acquiring and allied services, and (iii) (a) traditional trade (import/export documentary collections and letters of credit, guarantees/SBLCs) facilities and services, (b) structured trade, receivables purchases and supply chain finance facilities, and (c) trade facilities such as export and import LC financing, draft discounting, pre-export/payables/receivables financing and export credit agency backed long-term lending.
Location and Reporting Lines
The position is in Mumbai, at J.P. Morgan’s Corporate Centre (“MCC”), reporting to a team lead at the MCC with functional responsibility to the APAC and EMEA Heads of WP Transactions Legal in Singapore and London, respectively.
As a member of the Global Wholesale Payments Legal team, the role will primarily comprise:
· providing legal support and advice to the Wholesale Payments businesses across all APAC and EMEA jurisdictions on a wide range of client-related transactional matters including reviewing, negotiating, drafting and finalising contracts with the Bank’s borrowers, customers and partner banks based on internal guidance and standard operating procedures;
· liaising and coordinating with local, regional and global legal counter-parts, and functional and business partners on legal issues including cross-border and cross-business activities and projects; and
· instructing and working with outside counsel.
· Qualified lawyer with 3-5 years of post-qualification legal experience;
· Strong drafting, negotiation and legal analytical skills;
· Ability to communicate well and work in a cross-functional, cross-jurisdiction, team to achieve common goals; and
· Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and respond to business needs and goals.
Experience in cash management, liquidity, e-commerce, financial market infrastructure, credit transactions, supply chain finance, factoring, receivables purchase, ICC Uniform Practices and/or merchant acquiring will be an advantage.
For more details visit-
For regular updates, join us: