About the company:
Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering software that is affordable, quick to implement, and designed for the end-user. More than 50,000 companies — from startups to public companies — around the world use Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience (CRM) and employee experience (ITSM, HRSM).
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated team operating from 13 global locations to serve customers, including American Express, Sony, Vice Media, TaylorMade, Sotheby’s, Stitchfix, OfficeMax, Multichoice, Delivery Hero, ITV, and Klarna.
Freshworks transforms the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers. The suite includes Freshdesk (omnichannel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshteam (HR management system).
About the Role :
Freshworks is seeking a highly-motivated and enterprising counsel to join the Freshworks Legal Team. You will oversee compliance at all levels and set up good governance practices for Freshworks.
· Develop and implement company policies and regulations to drive good corporate governance practices across the legal entities and ensure compliance to the same.
· Oversee all business operations relating to compliance including policies, investments, and procedures.
· Advise on employment-related legislation, from time to time.
· Design and monitor control systems to deal with violations of legal rules and internal policies.
· Regularly assess the efficiency of control systems and recommend effective improvements.
· Review and evaluate company procedures and reports to identify hidden risks or common issues.
· Coordinate with different department managers to review all departmental compliance policies.
· Perform periodic audits on company procedures and processes.
· Lead employee training sessions on legal and compliance issues.
· Supervise compliance through online tools.
· Provides research, information, counsel, and guidance on straightforward legal questions or issues.
· Monitor and advice on new developments in Indian laws or regulations applicable to Freshworks compliance obligations
Desired Candidate Profile :
· Bachelor’s degree in law with demonstrated excellent academic performance.
· 8-10 years of experience as a transactional and compliance attorney in a reputable business law firm, or in-house experience with the legal department preferably in a multi-national company.
· Strong knowledge and understanding of employment laws and company secretarial compliances.
· Strong knowledge of basic principles of contract drafting, review and negotiation with an ability to provide practical and well-reasoned solutions.
· Strong communication skills and fluency in English (both written and oral).
· Good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
· Must be fluent in MS office and comfortable with new technology.
· Responsive and follows through on commitments.
Link to Apply
For regular updates, join us: