- Independently advise and handle legal issues relating to all aspects of the Bank’s business, commercial and finance operations in accordance with best practice methods to ensure the Bank’s interests are fully protected and to mitigate risk and minimize exposure to litigation.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with external counsel to obtain advice (in a cost efficient manner) on particular legal matters and issues.
- Negotiate contracts, advise and manage legal aspects of corporate, commercial and finance transactions on behalf of the Bank.
Key Result Areas
- Reviewing, drafting of documentation relating to corporate and banking facility agreements, finance security documents, Islamic finance documents and commercial arrangements including, but not limited to, credit facility agreements, pledge and mortgage agreements, services agreements, syndication agreements, escrow trust account agreements, supply agreements, joint venture agreements, shareholders agreements, articles of association, all types of letters of credit, bonds and guarantees, pursuant to Loan Market Association or other internationally accepted standards, as may be relevant and applicable.
- Advising on legal and regulatory matters pertaining to the Bank with respect to the Central Bank and other governmental authorities (Economic Department, Emirates Securities and Commodities Authority, Freezone Authorities, etc.) local agencies and public authorities.
- Keeping abreast of all legal developments and other official practices and procedures in the UAE and GCC generally on a continuing basis, reviewing legal manuals and reports, court judgments and amendments to various statutes and legislation, promulgation of new laws, regulations, presidential and ministerial decrees, by-laws and relevant orders.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- Law graduate with 6–10 years of post-qualification legal experience in the corporate/commercial/finance practice areas (litigation experience would also be a plus) as a member of a national/international law firm and /or legal department of a bank, preferably in the United Arab Emirates.
- Well versed with good practical working knowledge of the laws of the UAE is essential especially corporate/commercial/banking laws and regulations of governmental authorities (Central Bank, Emirates Securities and Commodities Authority, Real Estate Regulatory Authority and other similar bodies)
- Experience in litigation and in handling legal cases and filing precautionary attachments before the courts and public authorities would be an added benefit.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to handle several matters at the same time.
- Ability to think commercially and outside “the box” and to adopt analytical solutions to problems.
- Individual should approach assignments with a sense of enthusiasm and purpose.
- Individual should demonstrate agility and be fully committed to quality and service levels.
- Good command of English.
- Computer literate.
Link to Apply
For regular updates, join us: