Intake Analyst, Law – Litigation at Ocwen
Location: Bangalore, KA, India
The Litigation Group in India handles a variety of crucial tasks, including intake, billing, automation and research. Intake process is the first step in ensuring that Ocwen pays proper attention to any and all legal issues brought to its attention. The Litigation Intake process includes – Pre Intake, Post Intake and Auxiliary Process. As a loan servicer, Ocwen is responsible for managing all litigation related to a loan on behalf of the investor/trust of the loan. This means that Ocwen will manage litigation stemming from routine mortgage issues such as foreclosures to personal injury caused by a slip and fall at an REO (real estate owned – post-foreclosure) property. Ocwen’s Law Department also manages any litigation naming Ocwen entities directly. Through the intake process, legal mail will be sent to the proper business unit for handling, which may not be the Law Department.
The present position i.e. Litigation Intake Analyst is with Litigation Group in India and will report to the Supervisor/Assistant Manager, Law Litigation department.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide assistance to U.S. Litigation Team by assisting with the review of legal mail and identifying the loan number, property address, investor/trust details that corresponds to the legal mail.
- Requires strict compliance, as all legal mail received must be processed on the same day that analyst receives it.
- Pull data from various data bases in order to analyze loan and enter said information into analysis sheet and/or data base.
- Assist with transferring of legal mail to other departments and ensuring said transfer is documented in data base.
- Process subpoenas.
- Opening and Closing of Legal matters
- Assist with imaging, scanning and uploading documents into data base
- Providing legal status update to the BU as requested
- Support other litigation intake analysts with overflow or any additional duties.
- EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Preferably 1+ year of experience in MNC BPO
- Successful candidate must have good computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and also periodically set and achieve stretch goals
- Candidate must have good judgment, high attention to detail and be able to immediately escalate problematic or difficult issues.
- The position opened is for night shift since the candidate is required to work during the US timings (preferably the EST timings)
WORK SCHEDULE OR TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS (Only add if needed)
6:30 PM to 3:30 PM
How to Apply?
For regular updates, join us: