OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Candidate is responsible for individual contribution as part of the Global Contracting & Commercial Solutions Group for UnitedLex. Primary day to day focus is commercial and contractual analysis and support services across client industries (Manufacturing, Retail & Consumer, Public sector (Including Government), Healthcare, Automotive and Banking & Insurance), advising on technology and outsourcing deals. Initially, focus will be on DXC Technology, a major multinational technology / outsourcing company formed from the merger of CSC and HPE Enterprise Services. The role requires the individual to be well skilled in contract analysis and provision of advice and guidance on contract interpretation, understanding of the key risks and obligations of contracting. Candidates should have particular strengths in teamwork (internal & external customers), contract risk/liability assessment and problem-solving. They must also have the interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with internal clients. Candidates should be experienced in working autonomously/remotely from the team/clients but open to seeking advice from senior team members when needed.
The role may include local, regional, or global support and may also require travel from time to time.
REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES:
• BA/BS/LLB required (or regional equivalent education).
• 3+ year experience in law firm and/or global corporation. Outsourcing/supplier experience desirable.
• Contract and commercial drafting and assessment experience required, including a level of client (internal or external) engagement.
• Ability to provide guidance/interpretation on existing contract provisions.
• Ability to work remotely and within a team, build relationships with other business functions (legal, finance, compliance etc).
• Good written and verbal communication skills in the local language and English.
• Demonstrable knowledge and judgment about contractual and commercial risks/issues in transactions.
• Demonstrate ability to think outside the box.
• Ability to manage high volume of small/medium value, low complexity work.
• Good working knowledge of the fundamental legal provisions of commercial contracts.
• Good working knowledge of the commercial risks/issues of commercial contracting.
• Provide advice and support in connection with a range of contract types, including drafting and reviewing change control notices, small contract documents, legal research and contract interpretation.
• Work in tandem with a senior lead to assess and draft contractual provisions.
• Contract administration such as sending notifications, letters, claims, variations,
• Non material contract obligations monitoring.
• Provide ongoing advice to account teams regarding legal and commercial implications of specific terms and conditions in contracts.
• Provide commercial / contract support to client account/sales teams.
• Adherence to client policies, procedures and processes.
• Provide transactional support in connection with a range of commercial agreements.
• Assist account teams with change control notices and amendments to existing agreements.
• Working approach to on the job learning and development.
• Have clear development goals for 6, 12, 18 months (in conjunction with manager)
Link to apply
For regular updates, join us: