About the company
SVF is one of Eastern India’s largest entertainment companies, having business interests in Film Production, Film Distribution, Television content Production, Digital Cinema, Music, New Media, Cinemas and Equipment Rental. SVF, founded in 1995 by Mahendra Soni and Shrikant Mohta, started off with film distribution – ‘Bombay’ being its first film. It is now 900 releases strong, and counting. SVF ventured into Film production with its first film, ‘Bhai Amar Bhai’, with over 110 films to its credit now.
SVF’s productions – ‘Raincoat’, ‘Chokher Bali’, ‘Memories in March’, ‘Chitrangada’ and ‘Chotoder Chobi’ won the coveted National Award and also brought home Filmfare’s Black Lady, won the Centenary Award, YouTube’s Silver Button, Silver peacock and the Golden Leopard. Number of SVF’s films have been part of official selections at international film festivals in London, Berlin, Locarno, Dubai, Shanghai and New York.
SVF diversified into television content production in the year 2008 with commercially successful serials like ‘Bandhan’ & ‘Durga’. SVF Television has produced 30 shows, with over 5,000 hours of TV content and 10,000 Episodes. Other popular shows include ‘Maa’, ‘Bojhena Shey Bojhena’, ‘Goenda Ginni’ and others, garnering highest TRP ratings. SVF Cinemas, aiming to revolutionize the cinematic experience with premium facilities, is currently present in Krishnanagar, Purulia, Bolpur, Mogra, Giridih, Kolkata, Memari and Kalyani.
SVF Entertainment is a leading Media and Entertainment company in East India, with 8 National Awards to its credit and capabilities in Film and TV Production, Cinemas, Distribution, Digital Cinema, Music, and New Media.
hoichoi, the digital vertical of SVF is an on-demand video streaming entertainment platform for Bengalis worldwide. With an array of exciting Content choices including Bengali Classics, Blockbusters, Documentaries, Short Films, and Exclusive original web series it aims to be home to the best in Bengali entertainment.
• Production/ acquisition/ distribution/syndication contracts: Bringing value through demonstrated experience & subject matter knowledge in drafting, negotiating, and closing all types of commercial transactions;
• Drafting and negotiating Production / acquisition/ distribution/ syndication contracts, format agreements, celebrity/ artists/talent agreements, marketing & event management deals.
• Drafting & negotiating commercial contracts relating to the procurement of Film production-related equipment, technology, services level agreements for outsourced vendors, inter-company contracts, employment contracts, and ancillary agreements.
Providing inputs on copyright law and policy matters and help to take proactive enforcement actions through contractual commitments and anti-piracy initiatives to prevent value erosion of intellectual Property rights.
Managing the Dispute resolution and Litigation function: Coordination with external counsels with regards to potential legal, financial and reputational risk arising from civil as well as criminal disputes and litigations through proactive and timely interventions, reviewing & drafting court pleadings & judicial documents, drafting legal notices & responses to legal threats, etc. and providing strategic advice and guidance to Management through an effective Management Information System.
Regulatory & Policy management: Conducting Research and impact analysis of various amendments to policies, laws, regulations, bills, consultation papers, notifications in relation to Copyright, Censorship laws, and rules, corporate law, taxation of films, trade union matters, etc. • Proactive & timely implementation and execution of tasks and assignments;
Qualification & Experience
• LLB from a Premier Indian Law College with at least 3 yrs of relevant experience.
• A good understanding and application of Intellectual Property Laws such as the Copyright Act, the Trade Marks Act, and rules.
Specific working knowledge of Indian laws i.e. Contract Act, Specific Relief Act, Civil Procedure & Criminal Procedure Code, Indian Penal Code, Prevention of Corruption Act, the various social legislation relating to Obscenity, defamation/ libel, minorities, scheduled castes, women & child rights, etc.
• Demonstrated experience in contract drafting, good negotiation, and execution skills i.e., ability to draft, negotiate and close transactions independently with minimal supervision
• Should have excellent research, analytical skills and should be able to exercise judgment and discretion to opine on compliance/ legal issues effectively.
How to Apply?
For regular updates, join us: