Ministry of External Affairs is looking to hire for the job post of Consultant in Court Cases in the CPV (Consular, Passport & Visa) Division of the Ministry of External Affairs.
The Consultant shall act as a single-window for all Court cases pertaining to matters dealt with by the CPV Division of MEA.
- To receive and compile the Court notices / Summons / Petitions, etc.
- To share Court notice / Summons / Petitions with Section / Divisions concerned in the Ministry and Missions / Posts abroad and solicit their inputs to prepare responses to such Notices / Summons / Petitions, etc.
- To prepare draft affidavits and other inputs in consultation with Section/Divisions concerned and in consultation with Central Government Standing Counsels / Law Officers.
- To coordinate and maintain contact with Central Govt. Standing Counsels to keep abreast of ongoing and current Court Cases.
- To maintain a status report of all ongoing Court Cases and track the dates of next hearing etc to suitably alert the Officers concerned.
- To process matters related to payment of professional fees to Central Govt. Standing Counsels / Law Officers as admissible.
- Any other legal matter as directed by Head of Division.
- The Applicant should be an Indian national.
- The applicants must have retired from Central Government service at the level of Deputy Secretary/ Under Secretary.
- He/She must possess Bachelors’s Degree in law.
- The applicant must also have knowledge of basic computer skills.
- The applicant must have 2 years’ experience in handling Court Cases.
- Applicants should not be older than 63 years of age and should be physically fit to perform duties.
- Desirable Criteria: 5 years of work experience in handling Courts Cases/legal field
- The applicants must attach the following documents in support of their educational qualifications, experience in Govt. service and PPO Order, etc, with the application.
- The envelope containing the applicants’ details as mentioned above should be clearly labeled “Application for the post of Consultant (Court Cases) for CPV Division of Ministry of External Affairs”.
- The address the application should be sent to :
Shri S. L. Mallik,
Under Secretary (PF/PG) Ministry of External Affairs,
Room No. 4071,
Jawaharlal Nehru Bhawan, 23-D,
Janpath, New Delhi 110011.
Last date to apply:
Visit the link for more details: https://mea.gov.in/Images/amb/Advertisment-Consultant-04-11-2020.pdf
Visit us for more such opportunities: https://lexpeeps.in/