About the Seminar:
To appreciate the concept of Constitutionalism, understand the role of the Judiciary in upholding Constitutionalism, discuss the challenges faced by courts in upholding the Rule of Law and provide insights upon emerging issues on judicial sanctity and transformative Constitutionalism; the School of Law, Sharda University is organizing a National Virtual Seminar and seeks submissions from academicians, lawyers, research scholars, and students.
The organizers of the Seminar call upon the legal professionals, academicians, practitioners, research scholars, administrators, students, social activists and the representatives of governmental and non-governmental organizations to present their research papers relevant to the below-mentioned themes:
- Politics and Constitutionalism
- Transformative Constitutionalism and Role of Judiciary in India
- Sanctity of Judiciary for maintaining Constitutionalism
- Modern Concept of Rule of Law
- Environmental Constitutionalism
- Judicial Supremacy in Comparative Constitutional Law
- Contemporary Constitutionalism and the dialectic of constituent power
- Mediated Popular Constitutionalism
- Judges as guardians of constitutionalism and human rights
- New Constitutionalism and the Expansion of Judicial Authority
The above themes are indicative and the author can send the article on any topic related to the broad theme of the Seminar.
Hon’ble Mr. Justice Dipak Misra (Former Chief Justice of India) will be gracing the event as the Chief Guest for the inaugural session and Hon’ble Justice Ms. Indira Banerjee* (Judge, Supreme Court of India) will be gracing the event as the Chief Guest for the Valedictory session. (*to be confirmed).
Registration details and Dates:
Participants should submit the Abstract along with the full paper latest by 18th November 2020 along with the requisite fee.
Professionals/Advocates & Academicians- Rs. 750/-
Students & Research Scholars- Rs. 500/-
Attendees(Not presenting/submitting papers) :- No Fees
Last date for submission of Abstracts & Full Paper: 18th November,2020.
Name of Account Holder: SHARDA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
Account Number: 912010034705440
IFSC Code: UTIB0000624
Bank Name Address: AXIS BANK LTD., ALPHA COMMERCIAL BELT
Guidelines for the seminar paper:
- The abstract should be a maximum of 250 words indicating the theme of the proposed research with five relevant keywords. The research paper should be strictly thematic.
- Full Paper must consist of a minimum of 2500 words and a maximum of 6000 words excluding references and footnotes (Descriptive footnotes and substantive text in the footnotes is not permitted).
- Footnotes must follow The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (Harvard, 19th Edition).
- Abstract and Full paper is to be submitted in soft copy in MS-Word format(Times New Roman, font size 14 for the heading, 12 for the text, and 10 for the footnotes with 1.5 spacing for the text and 1.0 spacing for the footnotes).
- A separate MS-Word File should be submitted containing the article title, followed by Author’s Name, Co-author’s Name(if any) affiliation, communication address, email, and phone details.
- Submission of a declaration stating that the work is original and bonafide.
- Only one co-author is permitted.
Email ID: seminar.law[at]sharda.ac.in
Visit us for more such opportunities: https://lexpeeps.in/