Expect more. Connect more. Be more at Diebold Nixdorf. Our teams automate, digitize, and transform the way more than 75 million people around the globe bank and shop in this hyper-connected, consumer-centric world. Join us in connecting people to commerce in this vital, rewarding role.
The Commercial Counsel is responsible for drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements for the retail and banking business segments, as well as providing day-to-day commercial-related advice, legal expertise and counsel to those business segments in line with company goals, business segment priorities and best practices.
You are responsible for
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements to support our business segment activities, including master services agreements, statements of work, distribution agreements, subcontractor agreements, marketing agreements, consulting agreements, nondisclosure agreements, software licensing agreements and other commercial contracts and matters.
- Partnering with business teams across the organization to structure, draft and negotiate commercial agreements.
- Identifying and explaining commercial agreement terms and associated risks to the relevant business stakeholders and interpret contract requirements, obligations and risk assessment or exposure, including legal, regulatory and company policy compliance, and advise on same.
- Evaluating and updating existing contract templates and developing new templates as needed.
- Developing strategic relationships with Diebold Nixdorf’s internal business leaders and stakeholders to support transactions relating to the day-to-day operations of the company’s key customer accounts.
- Developing and supporting training for the Sales Organization regarding day-to-day legal questions, contract policies, and best practices. Providing support to Commercial Legal team with respect to training for lawyers/paralegals in the commercial contracting space.
- Resolving issues that arise in commercial relationships, including but not limited to handling pre-litigation disputes and inquiries.
- Participating in customer negotiation sessions, remotely (via audio or video conferences) or in-person (including travel, as needed)
- Coordinating and assisting in developing policies, procedures and systems to support and facilitate efficient contract development and analysis.
- Assisting with developing best practice processes, playbooks, and automation across all contract lifecycles.
- Liaising with finance, legal, sales operations, and other business functions for review of contractual terms and conditions on specific areas of expertise.
- Monitoring the legal environment and trends concerning the contracts areas.
- Managing outside legal counsel regarding contract/commercial legal matters.
- Ad-hoc non-contracts legal department matters as may come up from time to time.
- Law Graduation from a reputed university in India
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience including significant experience reviewing, drafting, redlining and negotiating contracts
- Banking or retail industry experience preferred
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of contract, commercial and general business laws and regulations including government RFP / Tender process. Understanding and prior experience in Common Law is preferred
- The ability to effectively prioritize and advance multiple deals happening simultaneously, often on tight deadlines
- Ability to gain trust at, and work with, all levels of organization
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; ability to analyze data
- Must have strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and project management skills with a strict attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
- Common sense, sound and practical business judgment, and be capable of making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and experience with SalesForce.com a plus
- Must be comfortable utilizing audio and video conferencing tools for negotiations and hosting team meetings
- Able to assert own ideas and persuade others through effectively consolidating, evaluating, and presenting relevant information
- Ability to work cross-functionally to mediate and resolve contract issues and negotiate solutions
- Skilled at promoting team cooperation and a commitment to team success
- Adept at seeing change as an opportunity to improve business performance and campaigning for it when necessary
- Strong focus on customer service
- Experience with FinTech or IT Contracts.
Why should you join Diebold Nixdorf?
Brightest minds + technology and innovation + business transformation. The people of Diebold Nixdorf are 23,000+ teammates of diverse talents and expertise in more than 130 countries, harnessing future technologies to deliver personalized, secure consumer experiences that connect people to commerce. Our culture is fueled by our values of collaboration, decisiveness, urgency, willingness to change, and accountability.
How to Apply ?
For regular updates, join us: