About the Company
Founded in 1985 by Mr V Lakshmikumaran and Mr V Sridharan with humble beginnings, the firm started with a Tax Practice but has gradually expanded to other areas. We are now a full-service law firm offering litigation, consulting and advisory services in Tax, International Trade, Corporate, Commercial Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property Rights and Food Safety Law through the support of our 700+ professionals. Our clients include several Fortune 500 companies, Indian industry leaders & groups as well as small & medium enterprises. The firm has eleven offices located across India in New Delhi, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Allahabad. This social media profile is only for dissemination of basic information about the firm, as well as for sharing relevant legal information which is also otherwise available on various public platforms. This website is not an attempt to advertise or solicit clients and does not seek to create or invite any lawyer-client relationship. The content or links should not be construed as a legal reference or legal advice.
About the job
Essential Qualification: LLB from a known Law School with the strong academic track record.
Prior experience in Indirect Tax would be preferred i. e. GST and/or customs.
Excellent Communication and Drafting Skills.
Experience: 0-3 years of experience in Indirect tax in the field of litigation or advisory.
- In-depth research and analysis of legal provisions.
- Drafting of advises, opinions and compliance reports
- Preparation of Power Point presentations for client meetings, trainings, seminars etc.
- Analysis of client data for estimating tax impact on business transactions
- Scenario building for identifying most tax efficient business model
- Contributing in form of articles, monographs, etc.
Client service delivery/execution
· Ability to pro-actively identify and discuss technical issues with clients while being mindful of firm risk issues
· Handle tax matters with regard to preparation of submissions, replies to notices, appeals etc., meeting the tax authorities, representation during appeals along with seniors etc.
· Executes the work on a multiple client base. Assumes near independent responsibility for smaller clients
· Develops rapport with middle layers of client management
Develops commercial acumen
· Stays abreast of firm wide and competitor activities and general business trends
· Brings value to the client and manager by applying this knowledge in delivering solutions to clients
Networking & Identification of opportunities:
· Begins to identify new opportunities for existing clients and communicates to manager
· Networks internally within the peer group and other levels in the firm in order to gain understanding of issues that may impact his clients
Compiles legal data base and contribute in study session while continuously updating with latest legal developments such as circulars, notifications, decisions
How to Apply?
For regular updates, join us: