JioSaavn is South Asia’s leading music streaming service. We are over 200 entrepreneurs, across New York, California, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Bangalore, who help music lovers access, discover, and listen to their favorite songs across languages and genres. In early 2018, a merger between JioMusic and Saavn was announced; creating a combined entity valued at over $1 billion.
We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Through partnerships with Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter and Shazam – to name a few – JioSaavn reaches more music fans across the world. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more. We are well-funded by some of the world’s most successful institutional investors and global media companies as well as a number of strategic individuals. Beyond investing, they are advisors and supporters of our vision, our passion, and our collective ability to deliver a revolutionary music experience as the leader in India.
At JioSaavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don’t just go with the flow, we create it.
JioSaavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experiences – from in-office performances by some of the world’s most beloved musicians to opportunities for international travel. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose JioSaavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr, MSN, and NDTV. We are one of the few digital companies to provide employment opportunities that meet the Silicon Valley benchmark – right here in Mumbai! Figures, since we’ve got Silicon Valley covered, too.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our global team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
With listeners speaking multiple languages in almost every country in the world, we like to think we have the most diverse user base on the planet. This has only been made possible because of the value we place on radical inclusivity in our offices across the globe. We believe different is wonderful, and what sets us apart is also what brings us closer. JioSaavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to creating a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products, and even better music.
If our vibe matches with yours, we’d love to hear from you.
JioSaavn is currently seeking an experienced lawyer to join the in-house legal team to play a crucial legal and business affairs role for JioSaavn’s India operations. A successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the evolving needs of a fast-paced and high-growth business, bringing pragmatic solutions, best practices, and strategies for managing legal risks. We are looking for a talented lawyer with initiative and drive who can effectively partner with business teams and handle a high volume of varied and complex legal work in the media, music, and technology sectors. This role will require you to play an important role in JioSaavn’s Legal and Business Affairs department in India and as such, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to offer legal advice clearly and effectively to a diverse audience is essential. This position reports directly to our AVP- Legal & Business Affairs.
- Regular communication with JioSaavn business units to help identify and address legal issues associated with technology, digital product, digital content, integrated marketing, and programming across the JioSaavn platform.
- Advise and provide legal advice on a wide spectrum of contract, technology, corporate, advertising, intellectual property, corporate, and privacy-related issues.
- Work closely with JioSaavn’s content strategy groups to assess risks associated with evolving content acquisition strategies and the licensing/clearance of related rights.
- Support the Legal Affairs group with ongoing work streams including compliance, process improvement, template development and the use of technology to increase efficiencies.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably work on multiple projects under tight timelines in an environment that is fast-paced and effectively communicate and collaborate with a broad range of constituents that are involved.
- Should express comfort working with technology and the ability to learn, display and grasp proficiency with technology.
- L.L.B with strong academic performance.
- Admitted to practice in India.
- 2-3 years of transactional legal experience in a top-tier law firm or in-house legal department.
- Comprehensive understanding of Media & Entertainment laws, Intellectual Property laws, Information Technology laws.
- Knowledge and practice of Corporate laws .
- Excellent business and legal judgment. Superior ability to assess risk and determine priorities based on that risk assessment as well as the needs of the business.
- Proven ability to quickly understand and learn new skill sets and new areas of practice.
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to tailor communication styles to diverse audiences.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete them on time.
- An ideal candidate is “techie” by avocation and an avid music listener.
- An entrepreneurial, creative and solution-driven outlook on all legal strategies.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously across time zones to make a difference in the way the world experiences music. We love what we do, and we think you will too.
- Group Mediclaim
- Fun Fridays
- Flexible vacation policies
- Free healthy (and unhealthy) lunches & snacks
- JioSaavn-sponsored team outings
How to Apply?
For regular updates, join us: