The National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences is a medical institution in Bengaluru, India. NIMHANS is the apex centre for mental health and neuroscience education in the country.
It is an Institute of National Importance that operates autonomously under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. NIMHANS is ranked 4th best medical institute in India, having applied for the first time in the NIRF ranking of 2020.
About the Job Opportunity
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates, for filling up the job posts of Research Assistant on contract basis in the Ministry of Women & Child Development funded project titled “National Initiative & Integrated Resource for Child Protection, Mental Health, and Psychosocial Care”, under Dr. John Vijay Sagar, Professor & Head, Dept. of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Principal Investigator.
Number of Vacancies
- Master’s Degree, in Social Work/ Public Health/ Psychology or LLB
- Knowledge and skills in quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Strong English oral and written skills.
- Good working knowledge of oral Hindi
- Evidence of written work and documentation in the area of child mental health and protection
- Willingness to travel within the country (Subject to pandemic situation)
- Oral/ working knowledge of at least 1 (Indian) regional language
- A deep commitment to children’s issues
- Prior work/ research in the area of child protection and mental health
Max Age Limit: 35 years
Rs. 35,000/- per month (Consolidated)
- Carry out data collection and analysis according to protocols laid out by project team
- Review print and online resources to gather information – Prepare graphs and spreadsheets to portray results
- Develop reports to present study findings and conclusions
- Create presentation slides and posters to present study findings
Duration of Engagement
1 year (Initial appointment will be made for a period of six months and extendable based on the performance of the candidate)
Application Process and Selection
Eligible candidates will be shortlisted. Skill Test/Interview will be conducted and the details will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates
Eligible candidates fulfilling all criteria may apply using the link for the above-mentioned posts. The application should be duly filled and the supporting documents as listed below are required to be uploaded,
- A covering letter (of at least 1 full page) explaining eligibility for the position, in accordance with the essential and desirable criteria mentioned above i.e. justifying which of these criteria you possess and describing your work with children.
- Resume/CV (Please note: applications with cover letters that do not detail out these two aspects will not be considered, even if a CV is submitted).
- Please do NOT send degree certificates/testimonials or any other document at this stage.
- In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, all work and related travel will be in accordance with health advisories put out by the Government of India and/or State Governments.
- The candidate would need to make his/her own arrangements for quarantine period and as well as during the service at project employment.
- If a candidate is selected, may be required to join duty within a week (from the date of offer issued).
February 28, 2022
Click here for more details.
Link to apply
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.