About Google India
Google India Pvt. Ltd., with offices in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, and Mumbai, provides Google Inc. with local support and representation in India. India is a vital country for Google and makes a substantial contribution to Google’s worldwide operations.
About the Job Role
As Corporate Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You’re part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on the challenge you to think big and differently.
You are collaborative – ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century but move information law forward as well.
20th-century laws don’t always solve 21st-century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for working with some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you’re a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you address unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Conduct legal reviews of Google’s product initiatives and consult with Google’s government affairs representatives to provide solution-oriented practical advice to facilitate launches and innovation.
- Develop and implement legal approaches and policies for our billing platforms and systems, focusing specifically on the company’s payments coverage in India.
- Provide primary support for payments platform and integrations across a variety of products and includes working with a variety of cross-functional teams (i.e., Finance, Product, Compliance, etc.) in support of those goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of advisory and regulatory experience in financial and technology-related areas in India.
- 3 years of experience acting as legal counsel in private practice and in-house.
- Experience supporting a payments product team.
- Ability to work with little supervision, manage conflicting priorities, be calm under pressure, and be a collaborative team player.
- Ability to effectively build relationships and establish credibility with business leaders, using solid communication skills.
- Effective analytical, advisory, agreement drafting, and leadership skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of matters from the complex matters to the routine standard matters.
Gurgaon (now, Gurugram), Haryana OR
Bangalore (now, Bengaluru), Karnataka
Link to apply
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.