The IFF is an Indian digital liberties organization that seeks to ensure that technology respects fundamental rights. Their goal is to ensure that Indian citizens can use the Internet with liberties guaranteed by the Constitution.
IFF was originally a group of volunteers who worked on the SavetheInternet.in campaign. In order to make a meaningful and lasting contribution towards a free and open Internet, they banded together to incorporate an organization, set up to support research regarding the online freedoms and rights of Indian citizens.
IFF is incorporated as a public charitable trust registered in New Delhi and are granted exemptions under Sections 12A and 80G of the Indian Income Tax Act.
About the Internship
The internship program hopes to grow youth leadership in the domain of digital rights and will be for a period of 2 – 3 months (applicants wishing to intern for shorter periods need to establish high competence and exceptional circumstances in their covering letter).
Depending on IFF’s capacity and need, the Foundation works with interns from domains not restricted to technology, policy, or the law.
All internship positions are usually at their office in Delhi. However, due to Covid-19, the Foundation has moved towards remote work and is accepting remote interns as well.
Whether Paid or Unpaid
All internships come with a stipend.
Who is it for?
Th internships not just restricted to domains like technology, policy, or law, but are also for someone who is:
- an online campaigner
- a whiz at web design, infographics or illustrations
- good at making Youtube videos for civic education
How to Apply?
- Send your application with your resume, a covering letter describing your interest and how you would you like to contribute to IFF to email@example.com
- Any applications without a covering letter which includes a statement explaining their interest in digital rights will be summarily rejected.
- IFF accepts applications on a rolling basis and we encourage you to apply 45-60 days before your preferred internship dates.
Link to know more
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.