About the job
About the company
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location. With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances. Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
- Candidate should be responsible for reviewing the work performed by other team members as second level reviewer by conducting quality check of legal terms and finalizing the commercial contracts with the ability to scale up and work with minimum supervision, the desire to learn.
- Should have experience in IT and commercial contract negotiations including Data Protection Agreements, Master Services Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Service Level Agreements, Software Subscription/Licensing Agreements, SLA, Order Forms, NDAs, Vendor Contracts, Lease Agreements, Loan related Agreements, Agreements relating to Events etc. Drafting of legal notices and counter notices.
- Provide legal advice on various privacy and data protection issues, including compliance with the GDPR and privacy and data protection laws of other jurisdictions
- Prepare drafts, review, red-line and modify contractual templates to assist and support various business activities.
- Close working relationship with various internal teams like Sales, Marketing and Event teams, commercial / finance team and IT Project Team, Privacy Team, Administration & People & Culture Team in order to assist them to achieve the common goal of timely completion of contract within the scheduled completion time without compromising any of the contract requirements.
- Proactively partnering and working with internal clients to improve and scale all aspects of the contract drafting and negotiation process.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with internal & external clients to ensure their needs are met.
- Review client Contractual templates and edit as appropriate to ensure all contractual obligations are met and to highlight areas of potential concern.
- Providing Legal support to the business on various business initiatives and projects.
- A qualified in-house counsel, lawyer with 5+ years of relevant legal contracts experience at renowned Corporate Houses, law firms (Preferred Degrees: LL. B/LLM, BA. LL. B (Hons.).
- Candidates with experience in Corporates as an in-house counsel, or from repudiated top tier law firms shall be preferred.
- Strong understanding of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) Qualification is a Plus.
- Experience with reviewing, drafting, and negotiating technology contracts in the Software and/or SaaS industry including Data Privacy.
- Strong drafting, vetting & reviewing skills in Contract Management with good hold on reporting, research, legal administration, analytical skills.
- Prior experience working with large multi-national customers and partners
- Ability to multi-task and should be Flexible and eager to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines (especially at quarter end).
- Highly organized, process-driven and client-focused team player.
- Fluency in English language (spoken and written) is essential. Fluency in other European languages is highly desirable but not essential.
- Technically sound, organization, Planning, Attention to Details.
- Legal Administration Skills.
- Good interpersonal interaction skills.
- Exemplify creative problem-solving abilities.
- Candidate holding Company Secretary (CS) degree will be an add-on assets, with maximum work experience of Legal Contract Management along with CS related work knowledge.
By applying for this role, you adhere to applicable laws, regulations, and Zscaler policies, including those related to security and privacy standards and guidelines.
Zscaler is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Zscaler complies with all applicable federal, state, and local pay transparency rules. For additional information about the federal requirements, click here .
Zscaler is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations or adjustments) in our recruiting processes for candidates who are differently abled, have long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support.
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates on more opportunities, we can catch up at-