About NLUD’s Project 39A
Project 39A draws inspiration from Article 39-A in the Indian Constitution on equal justice and signals the broadening of our work on the criminal justice system in India.
They undertake litigation, research and communications relating to forensics, torture, legal aid, mental health and the death penalty.
For more information, visit the website- http://www.project39a.com/
About Job Opportunity
The National Law University, Delhi through Project 39A is seeking to engage, on a contractual basis, an Associate (Litigation) at its campus in Dwarka, New Delhi. The contract will be for 1 year initially and can be extended on an annual basis at the discretion of the University. The Associate will be responsible for working on cases being handled by Project 39A, primarily concerning prisoners sentenced to death.
Number of openings
- Draft criminal appeals, review petitions, writ petitions, applications, rejoinders, mercy petitions and other legal documents.
- Brief and assist senior advocates and advocates on record.
- Devise legal strategy and arguments for cases handled by Project 39A and carry out related research.
- Visit prisons across India to conduct detailed interviews with prisoners sentenced to death, their families as part of developing legal strategy in particular cases.
- Regularly communicate with prison authorities to obtain case specific information and documents.
- Present the work of Project 39A at appropriate fora.
- Contribute to the research and strategic efforts at Project 39A as and when required.
- Organise training workshops and conferences.
- Any other work that may be necessary to further the aims of Project 39A
- Graduate with an LLB degree and enrolment with any State Bar Council.
- Those with full-time criminal litigation experience of two years or more at the appellate stage will be given preference.
- Ability to read/ write/ speak different Indian languages will be an advantage but is not mandatory.
- This is a full-time position based in Delhi
The compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Procedure to Apply–
- Interested candidates can send their CV and a SoP, explaining their interest in representing prisoners sentenced to death and the contribution that they see themselves making through this position.
- The statement of purpose must not exceed 500 words.
- Applications and documents will be accepted only through the form available Link to apply- https://www.project39a.com/associate-litigation-oct-2021
Last date to apply
December 3, 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be called for online interviews and tests by December 10, 2021.
Interviews and tests will be held between December 13 and 17, 2021.
Dwarka, New Delhi
For more details, visit-
For regular updates, join us: