About Goenka University
The GD Goenka Group is a leading educational setup driven by a passion for excellence in education and quality in life, where Globalisation and Internationalisation are the buzz words. With 26 years of excellence in the field of education, GD Goenka Group has come a long way since its first school in The GD Goenka Education City is set on 60 acres with the ancient and picturesque Aravalli hills for a backdrop. The GD Goenka University is guided by the philosophy that new thinking in the areas of teaching, learning, research and training are pivotal to making students tomorrow’s leaders and giving them a world view.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
With an objective to raise the standards of Clinical Legal Education in India, the GD Goenka University, School of Law announces Fifth Edition of GD Goenka- CIArb (India) International Virtual Commercial Arbitration Moot Competition, 2021, on 20th & 21st November. Moot Court Competitions, which is a mandatory part of law curriculum in our law school offers a practical and application-based approach to learning of law. It gives the law students, the necessary free space to interpret and analyse legal provisions in the context of a given legal regime, while trying to solve a practical problem. The GDGU School of Law is dedicated to promote this aspect of legal training for ensuring a wholesome legal education and the GD Goenka Virtual moot Competition is an endeavour of the School of Law in this direction.
Registration opening from 05th October, 2021
Final date of Registration 14th November, 2021
Clarification questions to be submitted by 15th October, 2021
Clarifications released by 20th October, 2021
Memorial Submission 14th November, 2021
Competition Dates 20th & 21st November, 2021
- Students duly enrolled and pursuing full time 5 years or 3 years undergraduate law course from India or from a foreign university with law as major may apply to participate in GD Goenka- CIArb (India) International Virtual Commercial Arbitration Moot Competition, 2021.
- Students enrolled and pursuing post-graduate diploma or short-term certificate courses in law is not eligible to apply.
- A team shall consist of maximum three members that must include two Speakers and one researcher.
- Any team, intending to change the team composition of the team shall intimate the Governing Council by sending an e-mail at email@example.com, the change will be allowed on discretion of the Governing Council.
- Any person, other than three registered team members, is not eligible to join the videoconferencing or the audio-video recording of the oral rounds, and non-compliance is a ground for disqualification.
- The Researcher may be permitted to argue as Speaker in case any unforeseen event.
- Prior permission of the organisers of competition in such case shall be mandatory. In case the team fails to inform the university, decision will be final.
- Each team shall register to GD Goenka- CIArb (India) International Virtual CommercialArbitration Moot Competition, 2021 by filing registration form, in the prescribed manner by 14 th November, 2021.
- Registration form: https://forms.gle/ZwJpZKmsPNDJiwMN6
- On receipt of the duly filled registration form the institute shall respond to the participating team, acknowledging the receipt.
- After the deadline for the registration expires, the Governing Council shall respond to each registered team, as specified under clause 1 in “GENERAL”, with a unique team code, which shall be used to identify the teams during the competition.
- The registration fee for the competition is INR 999/- for National Teams and USD 11 for International Teams. Registration Fees in any case is non-refundable.
- The registration fee for the GD Goenka- CIArb (India) International Virtual Commercial Arbitration Moot Competition, 2021. is to be paid through NEFT transfer or UPI. No other payment method shall be accepted.
- Any additional charges incurred by the team while making the wire transfer are to be borne by the team.
- Payment Details
- Name of Beneficiary: G.D. Goenka University
- Name of Bank: HDFC Bank
- Address: Site No. 2, OCF Pocket, Sector – C, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi- 110070, India
- S.B A/c No.: 02731450000270
- RTGS/ IFS Code No.: HDFC0000273
- Fax No.: 0124-3315936
- MICR Code: 110240034
- E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Completion of Registration Process:
- All teams must upload a scanned copy of the receipt generated on completion of the NEFT transfer or UPI on the Registration Form. The receipt must contain the reference number after the completion of the wire transfer of the registration fees.
- Registration to GD Goenka- CIArb (India) International Virtual Commercial Arbitration Moot Competition, 2021 shall be deemed to be confirmed only on completion of all the formalities as specified under clause 3.3.1, any failure, may be treated as withdrawal from the competition and no claim of what so ever nature shall be entertained thereafter.
CERTIFICATION, PRIZES AND AWARDS:
- Prizes and RewardsCash
- PrizeWinners- Rs 70,000/- (USD 935/-)
- Runners Up- Rs 40,000/- (USD 534/-)
- Best Speaker Male- Rs 10,000/- (USD 133/-)
- Best Speaker Female- Rs 10,000/- (USD 133/-)
- Best Memorial- Rs 10,000/- (USD 133/-)
- Online Certificates for participation will be given to all the participants under the current circumstances. The Online Certificates will be accessible only after the valedictory ceremony.
- Participants will receive their Participation Certificates on given mail after they fill up the feedback form. Certificates for Quarter-Finalists, Semi-Finalists, Runners-up, Winners and Best Speakers will also be provided after they fill up an additional form for their prizes.
- Cash awards will be sent after getting details of winners such as Institution ID card, Pan Card & Bank Accounts details for which they will be contacted via email by the Moot Court Committee.
- It is the responsibility of teams to distribute cash prize among themselves.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS CONTACT:
Regarding the rules of the competition or any other queries, send your queries at email@example.com with subject line “Competition Problem-Queries”. You can also contact any of the following members of the Organizing Committee between 10 am to 4:00 pm(IST).
FACULTY MOOT COURT COMMITTEE:
- Mr. Shreyas Vyas: +91 7693015323
- Dr Priti Ramani: +91 9810688882
- STUDENT CO-ORDINATORS:
- Ayush Gupta: +91 7017183604
- Shrishti Bansal: +91 8433191400
- Gayatri Bhatia: +91 9773952002
- Pranav Bansal: +91 9983341169
- Email Id. firstname.lastname@example.org
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/school/gdgoenkauniversity
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GDGULS/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/schooloflawgdgu/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/gdguschooloflaw