Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is a statutory body established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. The FSSAI has been established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, which is a consolidating statute related to food safety and regulation in India.
About the Job Opportunity
FSSAI invites applications on direct recruitment basis from dynamic and motivated candidates looking for exciting career opportunities in Food Regulatory System.
Number of Vacancies
One for Unreserved category
Nationality: A candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (2), (3), (4) and (5) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
(a) Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or Institution; and six years’ experience in handling administration, finance, human resource development or/ and vigilance and accounts matters.
Desirable: MBA degree from a recognized university or Institution.
(b) Degree of Law from a recognized University or institution with three years experience of handling legal matters or working experience as Law Officer in a reputed Government or Autonomous body or Research Institutions or Universities or Public Sector Undertakings or Law firms.
Out of the total experience sought, two years of experience should be in immediate lower pay level (Pay Level 8 or above) in central dearness allowance, or equivalent industrial dearness allowance scale (as applicable) and in case of candidates working in private sector he or she shall be drawing minimum annual cost to company of Rs 8.5 lakh for two years.
Age Limit: 35 years
How to Apply?
Candidates are required to apply only ONLINE through the website. No other mode for submission of application is available.
Candidates are not to forward hard copies of online application to FSSAI.
- General/OBC: Rs 1500/-*
- SC/ST/EWS/Women/Ex-Servicemen/PwBD: Rs 500/-*
*Bank/Transaction Charges, if any, are to be borne by the candidate.
- Note I: Applications without the prescribed Fee / Intimation Charges shall be summarily rejected.
- Note II: Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
- Note III: Candidates applying for multiple posts would be required to register separately for each post.
- Website Link open for online registration of applications and payment of Fees/Intimation Charges: October 13, 2021
- Last Date for Online Application: November 12, 2021
- Cut off date for Eligibility and Qualification Criteria: November 12, 2021
- Tentative Date for availability of downloadable Admit Card for CBT (Stage-1): The dates will be published on FSSAI website after last date of online application
- Tentative date of CBT (Stage-1): The dates will be published on FSSAI website after last date of online application
- Dates for CBT (Stage-2) exam would be published on FSSAI website post declaration of result for CBT (Stage-1): The dates will be published on FSSAI website after last date of online application
** The Authority reserves the right to make any change in these dates.
- Post Advertised Stages of Selection Weightage assigned
Assistant Director: CBT (Stage-1) + CBT (Stage-2) + Interview
- CBT (Stage-1) – 50%
- CBT (Stage-2) – 35%
- Interview – 15%
- Shortlisting of Candidates for CBT (Stage-2). Candidates in the ratio of 1:20 will be shortlisted/called for CBT (Stage-2).
- Shortlisting of Candidates for Interview –Candidates in the ratio of 1:5 will be shortlisted/called for interview for the post.
- The ratio at (2) and (3) above may change depending upon number of applicants for each post.
- Marks scored in all stages of selection mentioned against each post in para (1) above in accordance with weightage assigned to each stage will be counted for final selection.
- Candidate absent in any stage(s) of selection will not be eligible for selection. Further, the Authority reserves the right to introduce additional stage of examination which would be notified at suitable time, if considered necessary.
In case of any problem in filling up the form, payment of fee/intimation charges or in downloading of Admit Card, queries may be made through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention ‘FSSAI’ – DR-03/2021′ ‘Post Applied For’ in the subject of the email.
Link for official notification
Link to apply online
For regular updates, join us: