About the College
JSS Law College, a professional autonomous college operating under the auspices of JSS Mahavidyapeetha, was founded in 1982. The UGC has designated the college as a “College with Potential for Excellence.”
Details of the Moot Court Competition
The Surana & Surana National Corporate Law Moot was created to provide opportunities for learning the development of jurisprudence on emerging trends in Corporate Law as well as developing cutting-edge skills in research, writing, and advocacy.
The Surana & Surana National Corporate Law Moot Court Competition will include a judgement writing competition with the following principles and goals:
- Aside from the primary principle of promoting the rule of law and upholding justice, a judgement serves a social and civic function.
- To accomplish the foregoing, it must “execute with clarity of thought, explain the decision to the parties, communicate reasons for the decision to the public, and provide a reason for an appeal court to consider.”
- To cultivate a well-balanced and prudent mind.
- Prevent the abuse of the legal system.
The competition is open to students studying LLB three-year or five-year courses in the current academic year who are interested in Tax, Corporate, and Commercial Laws and who are from invited institutions.
Students of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and The Institute of Company Secretaries of India are also eligible. Students who have already completed their law/Company Secretary/Chartered Accountant degrees/courses are ineligible.
The virtual version of the 19th Surana & Surana National Corporate Law Moot Court Competition will be held.
- Online registration will be available beginning October 1, 2021. Teams must register online by October 28th, 2021.
- Teams must register online at www.moot.in.
- On a first-come, first-served basis, only 50 teams will be registered to compete.
- There will be no temporary registration requests accepted. Please do not send such requests to Surana & Surana or JSSLS.
- On successful registration submission, participants will receive an automated system generated acknowledgement. Participants will receive approval as acceptance of their participation request by the 30th of October 2021 or earlier.
follow one option from the ones given below
- The Registration Form consists of Your university/college/moot society must sign and seal an approval letter as specified in the rules.
- Upload both (i) & (ii) together as a single PDF.
The Registration form and Approval letter (without seal and signature) as specified in the rules, duly completed, along with a scanned copy of your university/college/moot society’s authorization letter with sign and seal. (or) Email communication from your university/college/moot society’s official ID (to be filled in as notification email id during online registration process) to complete the registration process.
for moot court competition
- Winning team: Rs. 30,000/-
- Runner up team: Rs. 15,000/-
- Best Memorial: Rs. 10,000/-
- Best Student Advocate: Rs. 10,000/-
- Second Best Memorial: Rs. 5,000/-
- Second Best Student Advocate: Rs. 5,000/-
Other categories of winners receive plaques and certificates in addition to the above awards. Certificates of participation will be given to all participants.
for Judgment Writing
- Winner: Rs. 25,000/-
- Runner up: Rs. 15,000/-
Rules for the competition
For more details
Regarding Submission of Memorials etc.
Prof. P. Nagendramurthy,
Chairperson, Moot Court Committee,
JSS Law College
New Kantharaje Urs Road, Kuvempunagar
Mysore – 570 023, Karnataka
Ph: 0821 – 2548244; Fax: 0821 – 2548243
E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Regarding case & online registration
Advocate & Head, Academic Initiatives
Head (Admin), Litigation & Arbitration Practice
Surana & Surana International Attorneys
Ph: 044 – 2812 0000, Fax: 91 – 44 – 2812 0001
For regular updates, join us: