About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Star India Private Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Star.
Star India has defined the Indian media landscape for over two decades and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching approximately 650 million viewers a month across India and more than 100 other countries. Star generates 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 40+ channels in 8 different languages, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The network’s entertainment channel portfolio includes Star Gold, Channel V, Star World, Star Movies, Star Utsav, Life OK, Movies OK and Star Plus, India’s No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. It has a leading presence in regional broadcasting as well, through a bouquet of affiliate channels which includes Star Jalsha, Jalsha Movies, Star Pravah, Asianet, Asianet Plus, Suvarna, Suvarna Plus, Vijay and now Maa. It is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios, an affiliate joint venture company.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY: Star India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment – from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
- Drafting and vetting of program & film production related contracts, film & program distribution and syndication contracts, rights licensing contracts, , Artist Agreements, , Content Acquisition Agreements (Films and Programs) , Marketing Agreements, and all other miscellaneous agreements
- Conduct due diligence of movies to be acquired.
- Providing legal assistance related to legal cases from time to time.
- Do legal research.
- Drafting rules and regulations for all the marketing contests for consumer engagements and activities which are held on our channels, from time to time; all documents pertaining to reality shows.
- Draft legal notices/responses etc. from time to time.
- Assist in litigation pertaining to the business.
- Adhere to set timelines
- Risk mitigation
- Ability to coordinate across various functions, understand the business needs, identify legal issues and timely escalation
- LLB with 5 years of experience preferably in Media and Entertainment, Telecom, IT, ITeS, ISP, Internet, retail Sector
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a top tier law firm is preferred
- preferred from top tier law schools, such as the National Law schools, ILS Pune, Symbiosis, Pune.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrate (hands on experience) in contract drafting, good negotiation, and execution skills i.e., ability to draft, negotiate and close transactions independently
- Good contract drafting skill sets.
- Good knowledge of Contract Act 1857, Copyright Law and Trademark laws, Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Act1995, TRAI Regulations
- Well versed with various content regulation such as the Self-Regulation Code framed by the IBF and the BCCC Guidelines, the ASCI, NCPCR guidelines, Should have excellent research skills.
- Good communication skill sets required
- Should be focused and goal oriented.
- Effective communication skills and good command over English (both oral and written) and the ability to interact with people across all levels in the organization. Good organizational and interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic business environment
- Should be pro-active and a team player.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
For regular updates, join us: