About Lawmen and White:
Lawmen & White, Advocate & Solicitors is a growing boutique Supreme Court law firm based out of Jangpura, New Delhi. All three partners are first-generation lawyers. Our prime focus would undoubtedly be Supreme Court litigation. Additionally, we also practise before all major Appellate Fora in New Delhi such as NCLT, NCLAT, NCDRC, APTEL, CCI, CAT, AFT, NGT etc. Aside from Delhi High Court, the firm also has a major role in strategizing and overviewing Pan-India litigation of various limited companies. We overview litigation, provide legal strategy and regularly appear before various High Courts throughout the length and breadth of the country, such as in Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Punjab & Haryana, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana etc. Additionally, we also work closely with many parliamentarians and are often called upon for assistance when parliament is in session.
About the Job:
Lawmen & While (L&W) looking for 2 Senior Associates with 3-5 years PQE and 1 Associate with 2 years PQE in Defence Colony, New Delhi, for assisting the practice of one of the partners, who is a Standing Counsel before the Supreme Court.
- Preference will be given to those, who have prior experience of working under an AOR with sufficient Supreme Court practice/ Standing Counsel.
- Preference will be given to first generation lawyers with no family background in the legal profession.
- We would be considering only those candidates, who are either based out of Delhi, or are willing to move to Delhi on a short notice.
- Those who do not possess the relevant experience as mentioned below are discouraged from applying, as, in all probability, they would not be considered.
- Candidates selected would be required to join on a two-month probation basis before being confirmed as a regular employee. No remuneration would be offered for the said probation period. This is a non-negotiable criterion, to enable us to understand your working as well as for the candidate to gauge the office environment.
- However, any individual selected on probation basis would still, nevertheless, be eligible for a performance bonus, predicated on delivering substantial and outstanding results in any assigned matter.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Associates would be required to assist the Standing Counsel/ AOR before the Supreme Court. The same would, inter alia, include the following:
- Drafting of various Pleadings before the Supreme Court, including, inter alia, SLPs, Counter Affidavit, Rejoinder, various applications, etc.
- Preparation of case notes/written arguments
- Briefing of Senior Counsel
- Miscellaneous Appearances
- Must be familiar with Supreme Court practice and procedure.
KEY EXPECTATIONS: WHAT WE WANT IN OUR ASSOCIATES
- Must be proficient and have a functional command over language – English, Hindi and Tamil (not mandatory but preferred). The same must translate into the drafting as well.
- Willing to take Full Responsibility
- Ability to come up with solutions to legal problems
- Ability to work under pressure and meet urgent deadlines
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Must be well read.
- Must possess legal acumen
- Highest degree of professionalism and work ethic
- Ability to multi-task
No. OF POSITIONS:
Three (3); Two (2) for Senior Associates and One (1) for Associate.
The remuneration would be commensurate with industry standards and would be discussed during the interview. Well performing candidates shall be suitably incentivized in addition to the fixed monthly retainer.
Suitable candidates can send their resumes along with a covering letter detailing their experience as mentioned hereinabove to email@example.com.
They’re also reachable via phone on +91 11 40560226.
For regular updates, join us: