Importance of the role:
Setu is building infrastructure to make financial services accessible and affordable to all. We are looking for a legal intern to work closely with our General Counsel and Legal Manager for 4 weeks (might be extended further by another 4 weeks).
What will you do at Setu?
- Assisting us with many aspects of the (brand new and very interesting) payment aggregator & account aggregator licensing process, including research, cross-checks, and internal & external coordination.
- Writing explainers for a non-legal audience on areas such as KYC, data protection, and payments regulation. This would include detailed background legal research and assembling and organising relevant primary materials such as notifications, rules, laws, and amendments to these. Any work we post in public will include appropriate authorship credit.
- Reviewing commercial contracts with our partners, including proofreading and tracking.
- Updating or creating internal policies in areas such as data protection and partner onboarding.
- Helping out with research and writing for MoneyRules, our fintech regulation newsletter.
While some of these responsibilities will be unavoidably routine, we promise to balance this out with exciting and stimulating work at the cutting edge of financial and fintech regulation 🙂
Who is the right fit for the internship?
- You are a law student in your 4th or 5th year of the BA LLB program/3rd year of the graduate LLB program.
- You have broad familiarity with the financial regulatory landscape. In other words, you know where to find stuff, even though you might not know exactly what it says.
- You enjoy breaking down technical legal topics for non-legal audiences and can write jargon-free without compromising on accuracy.
- You possess deep attention to detail with the ability to work on multiple projects at once.
We will spare no efforts to ensure that the internship empowers you to do the most important and impactful work of your career—
- Opportunity to work closely with the founding team who built and scaled public infrastructure such as UPI, GST, Aadhaar, etc.
- We care deeply about your development. So we work hard to provide you with:
Join us if you want to be part of a company that’s building infrastructure that will directly impact financial inclusion and improve millions of lives. No cashbacks, no growth-hacks, no bullshit. Just an audacious mission, and an obsession with craftsmanship in code.
For regular updates, join us: