About the College
The Bar Council of India approved the establishment of Ramaiah College of Law in Bengaluru in 1995 under the administration of Gokula Education Foundation. At Ramaiah College of Law, we seek to maintain our high standard of quality by providing our students with value-based legal education and training that will prepare them to be professionally competent and socially dedicated legal professionals. The college entered a new phase of its academic journey in 2020, having completed 25 years of experience and accomplishments.
About the Organiser
Prof. (Dr.) Rose Varghese, Director (Academics), RCL, oversaw the establishment of the Centre for Women and Child Welfare Policy (CWCWP) in November 2019. Women and children are the focus of the Centre’s efforts. Its main focus is on fulfilling its goals and making future plans.
About the Competition
The Centre for Women and Child Welfare Policy (CWCWP) was formed to enhance research, learning, and training in areas relevant to women and child welfare, in line with Ramaiah College of Law’s vision.
As stated in the aim, the Center would want to take the lead in planning a child-related activity. In that vein, Ramaiah College of Law’s Centre for Women and Child Welfare Policy is hosting a National Level Essay Writing Competition for Students on the subject of Child Abuse.
Issues and Challenges to address Child Abuse in India
Undergraduate Law students only.
|Last Date for Registration||November 13, 2021, by 12 PM.|
|Date of Contest||November 14, 2021|
|Date of Online Submission||November 14, 2021, by 12 AM|
|Date of Result Announcement||November 30, 2021|
|Date of Issuing E-Certificates||December 10, 2021|
The following are the rules and guidelines for the Essay Writing Competition:
- It is an Essay Writing Competition open only for UG Students of Law.
- The Essay should be written only in English. The Essay should be an original piece of work and must NOT have been published anywhere else.
- The Essay must be word-processed preferably using Microsoft Word, using double line spacing, with each page numbered.
- DO NOT include any pictures.
- The Essay should NOT exceed 2000 words. [Excluding References].
- The Essay must be typed on A4 size electronic page.
- The font should be in Times New Roman, and the size of the font should be 12.
- The participants can use BLUE BOOK CITATION OR APA 6TH EDITION REFERENCE style for their Essay.
- Only one paper per participant must be submitted. Maximum authors for each paper can be only two. In the case of two authors of a winning Essay, the prize money shall be shared between them.
- The entry for the Essay Writing Competition must be sent by filling up the Registration link. The registration form link is here: https://forms.gle/pEhZAoP4zDo7Jf4j6
- The Registered participants must send their essays in MS word document via mail to this email address: email@example.com
- Participants must also write their names, class, Institution name in the body of the mail only and attach the essay document which must be named as your essay’s title and nothing else. Participant name or identifying mark must not appear in the Essay.
- The participant’s name or any of their identification should NOT be reflected either on the essay cover page or anywhere else in their word document, so that the Essay can be judged without knowing who the participant is.
- The last date of Registration is November 13, 2021
- The last date to receive entries (i.e., participant’s essay) for evaluation is November 14, 2021
- The criteria for evaluation will be based on originality, content, clarity, and overall presentation.
- All entries should be the original work of the participant. Any participant found violating rules and regulations will be disqualified from the Competition.
- Participants have to send their Essay (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 14, 2021’ by 10:00 pm. Any late submission will not be accepted.
- Online registration is compulsory for each participant.
- The decision of the jury would be final.
- 1st- Rs. 5000/-
- 2nd- Rs. 3000/-
- 3rd- Rs. 2000/-