About the college
Mar Gregorios College of Law is envisioned as a centre of excellence in legal education. The college was established in 2012 as another milestone in the glorious Mar Ivanios Vidyanagar Campus which was founded in 1949 by the Servant of God Archbishop Geevarghese Mar Ivanios.
The motto of Mar Gregorios College of Law is “Righteousness is Immortal” taken from the book of Wisdom 1:15 of the Holy Bible. It symbolises the values of righteousness, fairness and goodness that the institution seeks to propagate. The Institute does not only impart legal knowledge to its students, but also teaches them to utilise it ethically and righteously, for the men who uphold righteousness will ever remain immortal.
About International Conference on ‘Reproductive Choice of Women: A Fundamental Right’
It is important to promote public awareness about women’s basic human rights, with a particular focus on reproductive rights. We will only be capable of building a society that honours, protects, and guarantees basic human rights to its women if we educate at the local and state level.
Objectives of the Conference
- To create awareness in the grass root level that reproductive rights are fundamental human rights.
- To build a platform for open discussion regarding reproductive health of women.
Expected Outcomes of the Conference:
- Creating awareness
- A report suggesting policy reforms
- Plan more schemes, projects relating to welfare and empowerment of women
- Generate suggestions for reforms and better implementation.
Scholars are invited to send abstracts and papers to present their perspectives on the
following themes or topics:
SESSION I: Socio-political analysis of reproductive rights of women in India
SESSION II: Reproductive choice of women as a fundamental right – a legal & constitutional analysis
SESSION III: Global perspective on reproductive rights of women
SESSION IV: Feminist jurisprudence on reproductive rights of women
The above-mentioned sub themes are not exhaustive in nature and other related auxiliary sub themes
can also be included.
Guidelines For Submission
- The abstract should not exceed 300 words and must include keywords. Abstracts received on or before 30th October 2021 shall be published in the seminar proceedings
- The length of the full paper shall be between 5000 to 8000 words (excluding footnotes).
- Full paper should be submitted on or before 22nd November 2021.
- Selected full papers presented in the Conference shall be published in a book by December 2021.
- In case of co-authorship (maximum two), each author will have to register separately by paying the registration fee. The certificate will be given only to registered author.
- Abstracts in Times New Roman font, with size 12pt and line spacing 1, with key words at the end of abstract in italics.
- All submissions must follow the Bluebook (20th Edition) style of citation; nonconformity will be a ground for rejection.
- Submissions must be in Times New Roman font, with size 12pt and line spacing 1.5.
- All footnotes must be in Times New Roman font, with size 10pt and line spacing 1.
- Title of the Paper- Times New Roman Font, size 14pt.
- The authors name should be mentioned on the Right side of title in Times New Roman Font, 12pt size. All other details like designation, institution details, E-mail address and phone numbers etc., should be given as foot note.
- Submissions must be made in .doc/.doc formats only. All the abstracts shall be mailed to email@example.com
- Participants can register after payment of a registration fee. Only registered participants will receive a certificate. This is the registration link https://forms.gle/niUvjmsNb4Wvpgnr8
- The registration Rs. 500/- for all participants. Co-authors should also register. Fees can be paid via online, using the link below
- Click the fee payment link. https://feebook.southindianbank.com/FeeBookUser/org?id=295
- Enter the necessary details
- Click pay and make payment.
- After making payment, download the payment receipt.
- Click the registration-form link and fill the relevant details.
- Upload the fee receipt. Submit the form.
- Alternatively, fees can be paid into the following account: Director, Mar Gregorios College of Law Account number : 0483053000019621 IFSC Code : SIBL0000483 Bank Name and Branch : South Indian Bank, Nalanchira
- Please make sure that the fee receipt is uploaded in the registration form.
- Register before: October 30, 2021
- Abstract Submission: October 30, 2021
- Date of Conference & Paper Presentation: November 20, 2021
- Final submission: November 22, 2021
For further details
visit www.mgcl.ac.in or email to firstname.lastname@example.org