The department of law, Bankura University in association with Aequitas Victoria Research Centre as part of the celebration of International Day of Justice, July 23 and 24 is organizing an International conference on Dimensions of access to justice in the contemporary world.
As said by Martin Luthar King Jr. that “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere”, and justice is necessary for the survival of human civilization. Intending to secure justice, human civilization devised several incentives through the development of jurisprudence. Such incentives were incorporated through legislation at all levels including International, Regional, and Domestic paradigms. However, with the advent of human civilizations, the meaning and concept of justice started expanding through the alteration of power across different sections of human fraternity and such expansion led to several social, and political, economic, cultural, and environmental implications. Further, the concept of human rights has also expanded to a significant extent wherein contemporary times, instances of human rights violations are increasing in number as per legal connotations are concerned. Several global developments like cross-border terrorism, cyberattack, and Refugee Crisis, Environmental Degradation, etc. has not only influenced the international legal developments securing justice but also the regional and domestic justice delivery systems. At the same time, several identity-related matters, new methods for committing offenses with technological advancements, crises amongst indigenous peoples, etc. are influencing the domestic systems of justice delivery in the civilized nations. Therefore, there arises a need to have a deliberate discussion on the aspects of access to justice considering the contemporary needs of human civilization. The Conference shall attempt to provide a platform for such a scholarly
discussion on the very day of International Day of Justice.
The Conference aims at achieving the following objectives:
- The conference is intended to offer an opportunity to share insight with experts and participants from various sectors covering aspects related to Access to Justice.
- To enhance new ideas that could help presenters advance their research and forge new professional relationships.
- Origin and Development of the Concepts related to Justice;
- Theoretical understanding of the meaning of Access to Justice;
- Jurisprudential concepts related to rights, duties, liabilities, responsibilities, etc.;
- Access to Justice with a global perspective;
- Access to Justice at national levels;
- Comparative Study on Access to Justice;
- Role of Civil Society, Non-Governmental Agencies, Intergovernmental agencies, and other institutions in promoting access to justice;
- Role of technology in enhancing access to justice;
- Need of Education to secure justice for all;
- Promotion of Justice for the marginalized sections of the society including sex workers, bonded laborers, Differently-abled Persons, etc;
- International organizations and their role in addressing injustice in domestic affairs;
- Justice during the war, humanitarian law, and human rights law;
- Social, Political, Economic, Cultural, and Environmental Implications of Justice;
- Judicial Process; Judicial Activism; Judicial Over-reach; Contempt of Court, etc.;
- Constitutional Law and Access to Justice;
- Free Legal Aid and Legal Service Authorities;
- Environmental Justice and Justice for Refugees;
- Justice in Prison Administration;
- Gender Sensitization in Justice Delivery System;
- Access to Justice for sustainable development;
Any other topic that is relevant to Access to Justice or deals with promotion of Justice. All the above themes are not exhaustive. The scholars are free to choose any other topic that falls within the domain of the main theme.
The research papers shall adhere to the following formatting guidelines:
• The length of the paper shall not be less than 3,000 words and more than 5,000 words;
• The paper shall have an abstract of a maximum of 250 words with four to six keywords;
• The Heading of the paper shall be typed in Capital, Bold, Font Size 16, Times New Roman, Central Aligned;
• The main body shall be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12, Line Spacing 1.5, Justified Aligned;
• Sub-headings shall be in Bold but shall not be in the capital with Font Size 12, Line Spacing 1.5, Justified Aligned;
• Sub-Sub Headings shall be in italics with Font Size 12, Line Spacing 1.5, Justified Aligned,
• Sub-sub-sub-Headings shall be numbered with roman numerical;
• Images shall be Central Aligned and with clarity and authorities shall be duly cited wherein case if images are self-created then such shall be mentioned in the Footnote Section;
• All charts and tables shall be center-aligned and the authorities shall be duly cited;
• OSCOLA 4th Edition shall be used for citation and footnotes shall be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10, Justified aligned, and Single Line Spacing.
The participants shall strictly adhere to the following guidelines:
- Co-authorship for each paper is allowed for up to two authors;
- No single author can submit more than one paper;
- The Abstract and keywords shall be separately typed in, or pasted in the Google Form for paper submission, if not done accordingly then submissions shall be summarily rejected. Abstract and keywords shall be typed or pasted in the Google form compulsorily:
- In the case of two authors for the same paper, only one author shall fill up the submission form;
- No name or any other personal details shall be mentioned within the manuscript;
- All submissions shall be made through Google Form;
- Only word files are accepted, pdf files shall be summarily rejected;
- The name of the document shall be saved by the title of the paper;
- All submissions shall be made within the due date of submission.
- Date of Release of the Call for Papers: June 10, 2022
- Last Date for Registration: June 22, 2022
- Last Date for Paper Submission: July 18, 2022
- Date for Confirmation of Selected Papers: July 20, 2022
- Date of Conference: July, 23 & 24, 2022
There is no Registration Fee for this Conference. All participants including Paper Presenters are required to register and Paper Presenters shall separately submit their papers through the submit LINK. The Registration shall be through Google Form. The Venue of the Conference will be an Online Platform.
Suggestions and inputs from Experienced and Learned Panelists;
• All the Paper Presenters shall be provided with an e-Certificate of Presentation.
• Selected papers shall be published in an ISBN Book with no Article Processing Charges and a Soft Copy of the Book shall be made available for free;
• All participants will be provided with a participation certificate;
• All submitted Abstracts shall be published in an online Book of Abstracts.
+91 9830273396 (Dr. Sangeeta Chatterjee)
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.