The Chair for Consumer Law and Practice (CLAP), National Law School of India University, Bengaluru (NLSIU) invites papers for the International Conference on ‘New Facets on Consumer Protection Challenges and the Way Forward.
The International Conference, scheduled for November 19, 2022, is being organized by CLAP-NLSIU in association with the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, GoI. The conference will focus on a large array of issues in Consumer Protection.
- Consumer Protection with respect to the Sale of Goods and services through social media platforms;
- Consumer Protection from Fake Reviews on E-Commerce Portals;
- Consumer Protection & Fall Back Liability
- Imposing service charges on Consumers for the services rendered at Hotels and Restaurants;
- Recognition of Right to Repair as a Consumer Right;
- Assessment of Consumer Protection in India in par with International Best Practices
- Sustainable Consumerism
- Settlement of Cross Border Consumer Disputes
- Dark patterns and Consumer Protection
- The Abstract shall not exceed 500 words.
- The first page of the submission must contain the title of the paper, the name of the author(s) along with a Cover Letter.
- The abstract should be in Times New Roman, font size 12, with 1.5 line spacing, and footnotes (if any) in Times New Roman, font size 10, with single line spacing.
- The texts and footnotes must conform to OSCOLA 4th Edition.
- Only One Co-authorship is allowed.
- The Abstract should be followed by an Outline of the Article with a brief Discussion.
- The submission of the abstract must be in (.doc) or (.docx)
- The submission should contain a disclaimer to the effect that the piece is original and has not been published or is under consideration, for publication, elsewhere.
- All submissions are subject to a plagiarism check.
- Submission of Abstract: September 30, 2022
- Confirmation of abstract selection: October 10, 2022.
- Submission of full paper and registration: November 1, 2022
- Intimation of Selected paper for Presentations: November 10, 2022
- Date of the Conference: November 19, 2022
- Best Paper: INR 15,000 & will be published in IJCLP (Scopus Indexed Journal)
- 2nd Best Paper: INR 10,000
- 3rd Best Paper: INR 5,000
- E-certificate will be awarded to the registered participants, presenters, and awards winners who attend all the sessions of the Conference through zoom platform and submit a feedback form.
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.