Working at Moody’s
Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody’s combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor.
MIS Culture of Excellence
At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
The Associate contributes to the success of the Research and Ratings Support team, by providing a range of data and analytic services that contribute to the overall credit analysis functions performed by the MIS analytic teams. This internal facing role is part of the team that works directly with rating and research support analysts, prepares data and various discrete pieces of analytical work such as spreading, data gathering and analysis for credit ratings, research analytical market outreach and presentations, under the guidance of the RRS and R&R teams. This role provides opportunities to take additional responsibilities at key interval. Candidates will require solid accounting background with strong focus in financial analysis. They will be expected to demonstrate their ability to work effectively in a team environment with matrix reporting. The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong organizational skills, demonstrate attention to detail, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
- Prepare a variety of discrete credit process inputs, perform preliminary analyses to identify trends in data, and apply reasoning to the completed work product.
- Perform financial statement analysis using accounting and finance principles to read and understand financial statements and other disclosures related to debt issuers’ performance.
- Apply Moody’s relevant methodology standards and requirements to financial data and make appropriate adjustments.
- Create a variety of standard initial work package items that serve as starting point to the ratings and research process including data, spreadsheets, charts, and tables:
- Update financial spreadsheets, charts and tables:
- Identify trends in data and apply reasoning to work being completed
- Initiate/escalate deeper reviews when necessary
- Prepare presentation materials for outreach activities.
- Provide support for RRS and R&R in monitoring / surveillance of Moody’s rated issuers.
- Support monitoring of analyst credit portfolios through news and industry source tracking and highlight key issues requiring further analysis.
- Understand the application of accounting concepts on a particular entity.
- Create documentation and provide guidance to support analysts and outsourcers.
- Review, adjust and publish data to external market participants.
- Support the credit administration process and perform other routine administrative and ad hoc tasks, as directed by RRS & R&R Teams.
- The position provides a unique opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry.
- Minimum graduate/ degree. Preferably a post graduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Mathematics
- Relevant work experience in credit, financial research & analysis.
- Good Accounting background.
- Demonstrates knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly.
Ratings & Research Support
Credit Analysis & Research
Job Sub Category
Credit Rating Analysts
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Securities Trading Policy (STP)
Candidates for Moody’s Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Link to Apply
For regular updates, join us: