What The Position Brings:
- This position is responsible for managing and enhancing compliance of legal requirements and corporate policies by the Global Capability Center in India. This position is also responsible for promoting awareness of relevant legal and compliance requirements and minimizing legal risks in such business operations in India.
- Make an impact using your legal experience to drive decisions for and provide recommendations to an innovative and public dynamic company that is a leader in the global marketplace.
- Become a member of an international team of talented, motivated, and hard-working attorneys who are invested in your success. Work in a fun, positive environment and receive the encouragement, support and training to be successful.
- Have great opportunities for professional and personal growth.
- The Office of General Counsel is responsible for legal guidance to all TransUnion businesses, both domestically and globally. The responsibilities include legal and regulatory interpretations, managing litigation and acquisitions, guiding corporate governance and negotiating key agreements. Active participation in the management of the business helps them improve outcomes for the company. Their collegial team offers diverse work, a significant opportunity to interact directly with business unit leaders, and flexible work arrangements.
What You’ll Bring:
- Provide legal assistance and guidance regarding all aspects of ongoing legal and business matters for TransUnion’s Global Capability Center in India (GCC) in support of the GCC and in support of TransUnion businesses globally:
- Global Privacy
- Data Use and Collection
- Data Protection
- Legal and Business Advisement
- International transactions
- Global vendor relationships
- Cross-border data transfers
In support of TransUnion’s business globally, works closely with U.S TransUnion procurement and legal departments, in participating in, and at times, leading, negotiations with third parties regarding contracts, acquisitions, proposals, new ventures, other dispositions and prepares & executes legal documents by analyzing, drafting, negotiating, reviewing and filing these documents. Among these documents, drafts and negotiates for information technology procurement, outsourcing, complex technology transactions and intellectual property matters. Ensure the company’s obligations therein are compatible and enforceable with management’s philosophy & policies. Provide legal support and advice to management and business units on all aspects of business operations in TransUnion’s non-credit reporting operations to ensure such operations comply with local laws, regulatory provisions, and that all legal risks are minimized. Monitors and evaluates pending legislation and regulations: communicates in a variety of modes significant developments as appropriate to local, regional, and corporate management, and develops and implements effective strategies to defend or oppose them. Act as liaison and point of communication between the GCC, Regional Legal, and Corporate Legal including, but not limited to, for the purpose of facilitating the implementation of any regional and corporate initiatives relevant to any business activity and corporate governance. Enhance corporate governance in the GCC-India businesses by organizing training and raising awareness of all staff and promoting compliance culture. Documents and formalizes procedures for mitigating corporate risk. Ensures timely distribution of new procedures to affected management and employees. Oversee all internal and external compliance audits. Identifies, defines and recommends to senior management actions to correct compliance deficiencies. Communicates with senior management on areas of identified deficiencies and corrective action plans. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Impact You’ll Make:
- The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires an LL.B. degree and at least 9 years of experience as an in-house attorney or with a law firm counseling multinational businesses with emphasis on privacy, information technology and intellectual property transactions. Experience in banking, finance or other regulated industry is preferred. English language proficiency is required .Knowledge and understanding of the following areas of law are recommended: Privacy, GDPR, Data Protection and Privacy regimes in Asia-Pacific, and Europe, intellectual property, technology, cross-border transactions.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and critical-thinking skills (logic, problem solving, issue spotting, and decision making). Excellent interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills. Excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Must be PC literate with working knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office. Ability to read, interpret, and understand documents such as laws, business documents, system documents, company policies, procedures, and operational audits. Must be well organized with excellent analytical and negotiating skills, and superior oral and written communication skills and temperament to aggressively representing the interests of TransUnion. Ability to work within a fast-paced environment and handle a large volume of legal work. Must be able to function well in a team environment. Must be able to quickly learn company products and functions. The ability to build and foster relationships with peers, sales staff and management on all levels of the organization through excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
This position requires the ability to perform multiple tasks, prioritize tasks and determine when to escalate issues. Must have excellent substantive and procedural legal knowledge. Must demonstrate an ability to supervise outside counsel and manage the budget set for a matter.
This position requires some travel.
Link to apply-
For regular updates, join us: