What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here!
About this role:
As a member of the Ethics & Integrity Department, this individual is responsible for ensuring the Gartner brand is presented in the marketplace as independent and objective at all times. We’re looking for someone who is driven, has a strong sense of ownership, is sensitive to urgent client scenarios, and is able to think creatively – while still upholding corporate policies.
What you’ll do:
- Understand, uphold, and drive consistent Copyright and Quote Policy principles to protect Gartner’s reputation for independence and objectivity;
- Manage requests to reference Gartner content externally, questions, and other issues with accuracy and diplomacy to deliver excellent client service in all interactions while meeting tight deadlines
- Handle requests to use Gartner content externally and ensure compliance with Gartner policies
- Help team members investigate claims related to breach of Gartner policies
- Manage multiple email queues containing inbound requests and questions from various internal and external constituencies
- Create and manage accurate, timely case records in a Matter Management system
- Accurately identify risk and other issue attributes of incoming matters
- Coordinate with other business units as appropriate
- Take on new projects as needed
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) or Juris doctorate required;
- Minimum 1-2 years of trademark and copyright prosecution and litigation experience required (working with in-house counsel/law firm is preferred);
- Have a working knowledge of what rises to the level of infringement and the ability to creatively tackle such issues;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills (knowledge of US vernacular a plus);
- Ability to work independently and with a team;
- Willingness and ability to assume new tasks and responsibilities;
- Strong service orientation and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, peers, and management;
- Ability to work well under pressure, facilitate solutions, and meet deadlines and milestones for projects and matters assigned;
- Commitment to enforcing the independence and objectivity of Gartner;
- Commitment to professional growth and development; and
- Strong attention to detail as well as tenacity to keep with projects until they are complete
What we offer:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development – We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Who are we:
Gartner is the world’s leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. We provide objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our awards and accolades:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- Forbes America’s Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at 203-964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com.Job Requisition ID:58634
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
For regular updates, join us: