About the Facebook Company
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.
We are looking for a highly motivated professional for the role of Nodal Contact Person & Grievance officer for Facebook in India. This person will coordinate with law enforcement agencies in India, including facilitating timely responses to valid legal requests under applicable law and our policies. This person shall also oversee the Company’s redressal and response to user complaints and grievances. The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with significant prior experience in working with and/or within law enforcement agencies and managing user grievance programs. This person would be passionate about Facebook and its family of apps and products, as well as its mission to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Note: We are monitoring closely the current health situation related to COVID 19 and will adhere to public health directions on the lockdown. As a result, we may need to adjust recruiting, hiring, and timing in light of this situation to ensure appropriate review and safety protocols.
Nodal Contact & Grievance Officer, Facebook India Responsibilities
- Overseeing 24/7 coordination with law enforcement agencies while working with internal teams to respond to legal requests.
- Maintaining high standards of judgement while handling numerous time-sensitive escalations with competing priorities.
- Ensuring that law enforcement requests are reviewed and handled pursuant to applicable law and Facebook’s policies.
- Providing regular feedback to internal teams regarding the company’s law enforcement operations in India, areas of concern for those agencies, and cybercrime trends and issues.
- Coordinate with cross functional teams to ensure timely processing of user complaints in accordance with Facebook’s internal policies and applicable law.
- Advise cross-functional teams on matters of user grievances, redressal program, and process improvements to improve user experience and internal efficiencies.
- Collaborate with relevant teams to support response to government inquiries related to user grievances.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 15+ years of related experience handling law enforcement matters or similar investigative experience with law enforcement or security agencies, including experience related to cybercrime and online investigations
- Familiarity with the Indian legal system and protocols, including laws and procedures about legal requests related to online platforms
- Experience of managing user complaints and grievances redressal programs
- Ability and willingness to work off hours, including weekends and holidays, to support emergency matters and interact with globally-based company employees
- Fluency in both English and Hindi (fluency in another Indian language is an advantage)
- Experience and familiarity in the online world, including with internet technologies, cyber laws, security and privacy matters, online safety issues, cybercrime investigations, online content moderation, and related policy topics in India
- Experience in reviewing, processing, and tracking legal documents (e.g., civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders, and search warrants)
- Experience working within law enforcement authorities and/or security agencies
- Experience working on a fast-paced team while exercising strong critical thinking skills, good judgment, agile prioritization, and steady presence of mind in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience in analyzing and resolving multiple issues and challenges while meeting tight deadlines in a dynamic, start-up culture, working closely with multiple stakeholders
- Willingness to travel frequently within India and occasionally outside the region once the COVID-19 situation resolves
How to Apply-
For regular updates, join us: