American University, Washington College of Law is seeking applications for a Visiting Professor in the Janet R. Spragens Federal Income Tax Clinic for the academic year 2023-24.
About Janet R. Spragens Federal Tax Clinic
The Janet R. Spragens Federal Tax Clinic is a single-semester clinic in which student attorneys represent low-income individuals who the Internal Revenue Service is auditing. They offer legal representation for clients before the IRS in appeals conferences and, if the cases do not settle, in U.S. Tax Court. The clinic includes both a lawyering seminar and a fieldwork component.
About the Clinical Program
American University’s in-house, “live-client” Clinical Program recently celebrated 50 years of programmatic excellence and is respected for its leadership in scholarship, development of clinical methodology, contributions to increasing access to justice for under-served clients, and breadth of offerings.
- Minimum qualifications include a JD degree
- Outstanding academic record
- Three years experience as a lawyer and membership in a state bar.
- Prior clinical teaching experience is preferred but not required.
Note: American University is an EEO\AA employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Visiting Professors will direct the respective clinic, supervise casework, co-teach the weekly seminar and case rounds, and engage in course planning and preparation.
- The Visiting Professor will direct this clinic during the Fall and Spring semesters.
Applications that include a curriculum vitae and cover letter should be submitted online via the InterFolio portal at the following link: http://apply.interfolio.com/124282
Please contact Erica Devine, Faculty Coordinator, at email@example.com or (202) 274- 4003 if you have any general questions regarding the application process and Professor Llezlie Green, Associate Dean for Experiential Education, firstname.lastname@example.org for any other questions about the positions.
Note: The positions will remain open until filled.
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates on more opportunities, we can catch up at-