DSLSA or the Delhi State Legal Services Authority provides free and competent legal aid and services by advising on legal aspects and assigning lawyers to certain categories. It also runs helpline services to give quick and easy access to legal advice and services.
The DSLSA is also engaged in conducting Legal Service Clinics, Lok Adalats, Special Lok Adalats and Permanent Lok Adalats, Legal awareness Programmes for general masses, Pre-Institution Mediation in Commercial Matters, as well as Granting compensation to the victims under the Delhi Victims Compensation Scheme 2018.
About the DSLSA Summer Internship
Delhi State Legal Services Authority invites online applications for the Summer Internship Programme 2022 for law students of Law Universities/Colleges of India.
Number of Seats
3rd and 4th Year Law students (in case of 5-year LLB) AND 1st and 2nd-year law students (in case of 3-year LLB)
Duration of the Summer Internship
The internship period will be of 21 days.
- Efficiency in written communication
- Legal writing skills
- Basic legal knowledge
Suggested field areas for visit during the Internship period
- Delhi High Court
- Department of Family Welfare, GNCTD of Delhi
- Motor Accident Claim Tribunal
- Special Courts exercising jurisdiction over cases of Section 138 N.L Act
- Observation Homes for juveniles.
- Mental Health Institutions (IHBAS).
- Delhi Commission for Women
- Legal Services Clinics.
- Meditation Centres
- Family courts
- Labour Courts & Tribunals
- Juvenile Justice Boards
- Children Homes & Child Welfare Committees
- Civil & Criminal District Courts
- Lok Adalats
- Special Juvenile Police Unit, Delhi Police
- Police Stations/ Forensic Science Laboratory
- National Commission for Protection of Child Rights/ Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights
- National Commission for Women/ Delhi Commission for women
- National Human Rights Commission
- National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission/ State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission
- Old Age Homes
- Society for Promotion of Youth & Masses (SPYM)
- Door to Door Campaign
How to Apply?
Students can apply online from May 1 to May 15, 2022, through the online application link (The link shall be updated in this post on the date announced).
Furnishing of recommendation letter on the proforma prescribed by DSLSA duly signed by Dean/Principal/Faculty is mandatory.
May 15, 2022
Link for more details
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.