The National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA) has been established by the Government of Assam by way of enactment of the National Law School and Judicial Academy, Assam Act, 2009 (Assam Act No. XXV of 2009). The word ‘School’ was replaced by the word ‘University’ by amending the National Law School and Judicial Academy, Assam (Amendment) Act, 2011. The Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court Hon’ble Mr. Justice Sudhanshu Dhulia is the Chancellor of the University.
THE MOOT COURT COMMITTEE
The Moot Court Committee of the institute is shouldered with the responsibility of moulding the abilities of the students and boosting their knowledge in the legal spectrum. The committee actively takes part in organizing various such competitions with great zeal in order to provide the students with a platform to hone their skills, such as communication, drafting, researching, and the like which are essentials for any aspiring candidate choosing to move forward in the field of law. The committee is looking forward to creating a thrilling and educated professional environment to provide the students with the required exposure to have hands-on experience in understanding and legally approaching the issues arising in modern-day society.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
Vox Anatolis National Moot Court Competition (“The Voice of the East”) is one of the flagship moot court competitions organized by the National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam. The proposition for the competition revolves around the theme concerning the Northeastern region of the country based on the issues and the questions of law related to the region which has helped the moot carve out a niche and hence, this moot court competition provides a great opportunity to the students to research on such legal issues and provides a meaningful platform to present such legal nuances. In its previous editions, Vox Anatolis has delved into the contentious issues relating to the region such as the Citizenship Amendment Act and the National Register of Citizens.
This year we are collaborating with the Assam State Biodiversity Board, in lieu of their attempts to spread awareness about Access and Benefit Sharing (ABS) Regulations 2014 and Fair and Equitable Benefit Sharing. This year’s moot proposition also revolves around the nuances of the ABS Regulations, 2014, and Fair and Equitable Benefit Sharing.
The moot problem for this edition has been drafted by Irfan Hasieb, Advocate, Delhi High Court.
- Last date of registration for the competition is – 10th May 2022 (11:59 PM IST) (any changes in the same will be duly communicated).
- Last date for memorial submission is – 25th May 2022 (11:59 PM IST).
MODE OF COMPETITION
- The Competition shall be conducted in OFFLINE MODE.
OFFICIAL INVITATION, RULEBOOK AND MOOT PROPOSITION
- Link for the Brochure, Moot Proposition, and the rule book – https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ayFJUZCz9TnijB-gSNQT-PQdqt01ujEI?usp=sharing
- A maximum of 25 teams will be allowed to participate in the competition. Slots for participating in the competition will be filled on a basis of ‘First Come, First Serve Only’.
- Each team shall register via the Registration link – https://forms.gle/YrvyWjCuASGPh54K6
The registration fee must be paid to the following account with the account details:
Name of the Beneficiary: National Law University and Judicial Academy Assam, Grants In Aid
Bank Name: State Bank of India
Branch Name: ICD Amingaon Branch, Hajo Road, Guwahati-781031
Account No: 32432292915
IFSC Code: SBIN 000 9201
Provisional registration, in case the team composition has not been determined, may be done by sending an email confirming participation.
Kindly direct all correspondence related to the competition to firstname.lastname@example.org .
PRIZES AND AWARDS
The rewards for the participants stand as follows-
- The team with the highest cumulative score in the Final Round will be declared as the “Winning Team” and shall be awarded the “Winners” Trophy.
- The team with the second-highest score will be declared the “Runners-up Team” and shall be awarded the “Runners-Ups” Trophy.
- The speaker with the highest individual oral round score in the Preliminary Round will be declared the “Best Speaker” and shall be awarded the “Best Speaker” Trophy.
- The researcher with the highest researcher test score will be declared the “Best Researcher” and shall be awarded the “Best Researcher” Trophy.
- The team with the highest marks obtained on their written submissions will be declared as the “Best Memorial” and shall be awarded the “Best Memorial” Trophy.
- All participants will be given Participation Certificates and all the winners of awards will get Merit Certificates.
For any query, you may, kindly send your mail correspondence to email@example.com or contact us at the below-mentioned numbers –
Ankur Madhia (Faculty Coordinator)- 9355633557
Neil M. Goswami (Convener)- +918876568897
Aviral Vats – +91 8178157688
Vitthal Dixit- +919450989790
Devanshi Srivastava- +918953922746
Akansha Sharma- +919678766040
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.