Sea Limited (NYSE: SE) is a leading global consumer internet company founded in Singapore in 2009. Our mission is to better the lives of consumers and small businesses with technology.
We operate three core businesses across digital entertainment, e-commerce, as well as digital payments and financial services, known as Garena, Shopee, and SeaMoney, respectively. Garena is a leading global online games developer and publisher. Shopee is the largest pan-regional e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia and Taiwan. SeaMoney is a leading digital payments and financial services provider in Southeast Asia.
You will be supporting on all India tax matters, overseeing the full spectrum of tax matters.
- Responsible for India tax matters covering direct tax, indirect tax and transfer pricing
- Ensure the compliance of local tax requirements, including the review and/or preparation tax returns where appropriate and coordination with external consultants
- Coordinate and prepare transfer pricing documentation to ensure compliance of local transfer pricing regulations
- Act as a business partner to various teams (e.g. legal, finance, operations) in terms of contract negotiation, review and implementation.
- Monitor effective tax rate and ensure adequate current tax provision and deferred tax positions
- Assess and ensure local entities’ operations are aligned with the group tax policies
- Assist with research and implementation of various tax strategies and make appropriate recommendations from a tax perspective. This includes working closely with stakeholders to understand the tax impact of business operations and ensure that tax needs are identified, considered and communicated.
- Identify and implement tax digitization and automate tax processes
- Following tax digitalization trends and tax policy changes and highlight developments which have a current / future direct impact on our operations
- Manage tax disputes and resolutions with close collaboration with finance teams
- Maintain strong relationship with internal and external stakeholders e.g. tax authorities, consultants, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Law from a recognized university, or professional qualification in tax
- Around 5-8 years of relevant local tax experience
- A combination of both Big 4 firm and commercial exposure is an advantage
- Experience in tax within the digital technology industry is an advantage
- Strong corporate income tax exposure with good knowledge in indirect tax and transfer pricing
- A proactive and can-do attitude with an eye for details. Applicant should be hands on, be a good team player and have good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and project manage multiple workstreams and deliver under pressure
HOW TO APPLY
For regular updates, join us: