To act as the go between to our internal teams and our debt recovery law firms. (our DRLF)
- Ensure that high debt recovery rates and the time to collect are reduced.
- Reduce the time it takes to supply an audit trial to our debt recovery law firms (our DRLF)
- Manage your own debt portfolio, with a view to escalating this to our DRLF, in case of non-payment of our debt balance.
- Liaison with the LSC/GSC in obtaining key data to pass to our DRLF
- Liaison with our DRLF
- Co-ordinate query resolution.
- Handle/supply/resolve incoming emails/data from our DRLF.
- Maintain and update a debt recovery spreadsheet
- Provide DRLF with payment information as soon as it becomes known.
- Co-ordinate important legal-documentation and activity, such as witness statements, statement of truth, hearing attendance, compilation of important documents for court use from the business.
- Meet with Line Manager, to review how debt balances are performing.
- Pass new referrals to our DRLF
- Instruct our DRLF to initiate legal action to recover all outstanding debt as appropriate and in line with company policy and procedures, and within expected timings.
- Sit down with our DRLF on a regular weekly basis to understand how all cases are progressing and what the correct level and speed of action needs to be, together with understanding how it affects our costs.
- Maintain and update debt recovery spreadsheet.
- Provide payment information to our DRLF as and when its applicable.
- Co-ordinate important legal-documentation and activity, such as witness statements, statement of truth, hearing attendance, compilation of important documents for court use from the business, either at Centre Level and/or at a broader level.
- Review debt recovery invoices.
- Provide statistics relating to debt recovery performance for the most complex debt balances, and any other aged debt KPIs
- Manage key relationships with our external DRLFs
- Provide statistics relating to debt recovery performance for the entire paralegal ledger.
- Prepare write offs for any balances which are uneconomical to pursue
- Provide general support internally to ensure that legal documentation is progressed, e.g. witness statements are filed properly with our DRLF.
- Submit ideas for decision making around our debt recovery processes to help the business collect debt in an efficient manner.
- Ad-hoc admin tasks/reporting
- Attend Court/Telephone Mediation hearings, ensuring the best outcome where possible, as and when necessary.
- Liaise with colleagues, and other staff members in assisting them with any small value legal cases when required to do so.
- 2/3-year(s) experience of B2B debt recovery processes/liaising with legal third-party suppliers on a regular basis.
- MS Excel – Intermediate / Advanced.
- Good IT knowledge
- Proven analytical ability
- Strong communication/negotiation/dispute resolution skills
- Ability to make effective judgments based on facts, demonstrated through assessment of analysis and commercial risk.
- High level attention to detail
- Ability to set own priorities to achieve set deadlines and targets
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to analyze data and communicate this to others verbally, as well as in writing
- Ability to provide clear and concise reports when requested to Senior Management.
- Work autonomously, sometimes at short notice pick up on urgent cases as and when they arise.
- Has the ability to carry out account reconciliations.
- (MBA / Degree in Law) and/or local accreditation in business and/or similar subject.
- Legal administration experience, preferably in a debt recovery setting
- Credit control/litigation experience.
- Relationship management experience with legal suppliers.
- Business proficiency in English is essential.
- Serviced office/Office Space /workspace solutions /Coworking industry experience
HOW TO APPLY
For regular updates, join us: