HDFC Bank believes that the benefits of economic growth need to flow to all sections of society. Although not a panacea, education would be one of the main interventions that would lead to the overall economic and social development of the society. With the aim of empowering individuals who are economically and socially disadvantaged, the bank has initiated various projects in the field of education and livelihood training. ‘Educational Crisis Scholarship Support‘ (ECSS) programme is envisaged to provide interim support for children facing a personal/economic exigency.
Economic hardship or a crisis in the family sometimes has a direct impact on the education of children, often resulting in the child dropping out of school/college/university. ECSS has been conceptualized to provide assistance to these students, to tide over a difficult situation/Personal/Family Crisis without adverse impact on their education.
ECSS aims to cover students from recognized Private or Government aided schools between standards 6 and 12 and students studying in undergraduate and post-graduate courses (full-time/part-time degree/diploma/ courses) who due to personal/family crises are unable to continue bearing the cost of education and are at risk of dropping out of school/college/university. This situation would be defined as bereavement/death/ terminal illness/permanent disability and loss of job of the breadwinner due to accident or any such extreme circumstances that have put a strain on the family resources. The Scholarship will cover the total annual School Fee upto a maximum of Rs.10,000/- and College/University Fee upto a maximum of Rs.25,000/- of the selected candidates.
Last date to apply:
July 31, 2021
- Open for Indian nationals only.
- The students must be currently studying in Class 6 to 12 in a private, government or government-aided school.
- The applicant must have passed the previous qualifying examination with at least 55% marks.
- Annual family income must be less than or equal to INR 2.5 lakh (2,50,000).
Up to INR 35,000Documents
- Passport size photograph
- Last year’s marksheets (2019-20) (NOTE: In case, you don’t have a marksheet for 2019-20 session, please upload the marksheet of 2018-19 session.)
- Identity proof (Aadhaar Card/Voter ID/Driving License)
- Current Year Admission Proof (Fee Receipt/Admission Letter/Institution ID Card/Bonafide Certificate) (2020-21)
- Applicant Bank Passbook/Cancelled Cheque (Information will also be captured in the application form)
- Income Proof (any of the three proofs given below)
- Income Proof issued by Gram Panchayat/Ward Counsellor/Sarpanch
- Income Proof issued by SDM/DM/CO/Tehsildar
How to apply?
For regular updates, join us: