bout Rashtriya Raksha University
Rashtriya Raksha University, an Institution of National Importance of India, Pioneering National Security and Police University of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, is established by the Parliament of India, Act No. 31 of 2020.
About Prof. (Dr.) Bimal N. Patel
Prof. (Dr.) Bimal N. Patel, Vice-Chancellor, Rashtriya Raksha University, has been elected to the United Nations International Law Commission 2023-27 with the mandate to contribute towards the codification and progressive development of international law. This job involves assisting the member ILC by way of contributing towards the work, knowledge and experience purely on general public international law including the agenda items of the International Law Commission. Besides the academic rigour necessary for the job, the potential candidate must be able to apply their analytical thinking to assess the strategic effects / impact of the developments in international law, and appropriately balance it with the progressive development of international law.
The role is open for all nationalities and encourages nationals – students, academics and practitioners of public international law – from African, South and South East Asian, Central Asian, SIDS and CARICOM nations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assists in collection, preparations, analysis and evaluation of research materials in areas as assigned in the field of public international law.
- Assists in compiling, analysing, synthesising and preparing notes on state practice, precedents and doctrines in concise simple and understandable form
- Assists in compiling, analysing and keeping track on judicial decisions and pronouncements of nation states and international and regional courts and tribunals
- Assists in identifying and conducting literature reviews of highly qualified publicists in international law on designated topics.
- Assists in preparations of materials for submission to governments, international organisations, courts and tribunals
- Assists other researchers with various tasks, including data entry, research, field research, and presentation preparation.
- Supports the team in training activities, events, and meetings by contributing to event programming, training materials, evaluations, and reporting
- Update relevant communication platforms and information management tools, such as an internal and external webpage or communities of practice tools.
- Any other roles and responsibilities assigned by the Member from time-to- time.
- Candidates with degree(s) in law, international relations, political science and other social sciences.
- Candidates with keen interest in public international law will be preferred.
- Previous research experience of working on topics related to public international law / International Law Commission
- Sensitivity and understanding for diverse state practices, precedents and doctrines
1 year in any research roles preferable if has experience of working on matters of Public International Law, especially ILC.
May vary from minimum 6 months to maximum as per the mutual discussions between the candidate and the Member. Please specify duration and approximate availability of time for joining the research internship.
Application documents to be shared
- Interested candidates can submit their Resumé (maximum 2 pages, including names of two referees) on or before 31 January 2022 till 1700 hrs to firstname.lastname@example.org , addressing Mr. Digvijay Rewatkar.
- Motivation letter (maximum 1 page)
- A writing sample of up to 1000 words.
- Contact details: Full address, nationality, passport number, validity, mobile, social address details given application form.
- The short-listed candidates will be called for interviews(online/offline as per prevailing Covid-19 situation) after a due screening of the applications in the first or second week of February 2022.
Link to apply
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates we can catchup at-