The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy (Vidhi) invites applications for the post of one Research Fellow for its Legal Design and Regulation vertical at the New Delhi Office.
Vidhi is an independent think-tank doing legal research to make better laws and improve governance for the public good. Vidhi is committed to producing legal research of the highest standard with the aim of informing public debate and contributing to improved governance. Vidhi works with Ministries of the Government of India and State Governments, as well as other public institutions, providing research and drafting support at various stages of law-making. Vidhi also conducts and freely disseminates independent research in areas of legal reform which it believes is critical to India’s future.
Vidhi is looking for one Research Fellow for its Legal Design and Regulation vertical. You can access a brief description of this vertical, and the work that it does here.
The Research Fellow will be expected to:
1. Undertake high-quality research on a wide range of issues pertaining to regulatory reform, administrative law, and constitutional law as well as its intersections with public health, technology, gender, media, agriculture, labor, and employment.
2. Coordinate closely and attend meetings with government officials, academics, researchers, and other stakeholders.
3. Engage with government officials on ongoing and new projects in conceptualizing reports and drafting legislation.
4. Be organized, detail-oriented, and able to meet short deadlines.
5. Prepare reports, research notes, and presentations.
6. Organize and attend consultations with key stakeholders for informing and disseminating Vidhi’s research.
7. Write articles, and blogs and participate in podcasts to disseminate research work.
Applicants must meet the following requirements
● an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in law
● 2-4 years of work experience (LL.M will be counted as one year of work experience)
● excellent research and writing skills
● excellent communication skills
Applicants who have prior experience in working and publishing on critical issues of law and policy in the areas of public health, technology, gender, constitutional law, regulation, and administrative law will be preferred.
● This is a full-time position based out of New Delhi.
● The Research Fellow will be engaged in this position for a duration of one year, and renewal shall be subject to performance.
● Remuneration will be commensurate to the level of skill and experience.
Interested candidates should apply through our online portal and must submit the following documents merged into one document:
1. Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) of not more than three A4-sized pages.
2. An original writing sample of not more than 1000 words with an in-depth analysis of any recent legal issue (preferably pertaining to any of the aforementioned themes) that demonstrates the candidate’s legal analysis and writing skills.
3. A brief statement of motivation in applying for the position, in not more than 500 words.
4. Names and contact details of two academic or professional referees who may be contacted for references.
The deadline to submit applications is July 15, 2022.
Queries may be sent only through e-mail titled ‘Legal Design and Regulation: Application for Research Fellow’, addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.