About UN Volunteering
- United Nations (UN) Online Volunteers will support the OHCHR Regional Office for Southern Africa in fulfilling its mission: To work for the protection of all human rights for all people.
- To help empower people to realize their rights.
- To assist those responsible for upholding such rights in ensuring that they are implemented.
About the Task
The volunteer’s tasks would include the following:
- Support trainings, consultations and other activities on country human rights issues.
- Conduct research, analysis, data collection and prepare analytical briefs and updates.
- Support engagement with human rights mechanisms by States, civil society organizations and national human rights institutions.
- Support technical assistance to States, civil society and national human rights institutions on implementation of human rights recommendations.
- Support engagement with UN country teams in the sub-region.
- Support human rights early warning in the sub-region.
- Support awareness raising about human rights and the work of the UN.
- Drafting reports, communications, note-taking.
- Perform other duties requested by supervisor, as appropriate.
The candidate must:
- Be enrolled or have graduated with a Masters or equivalent degree OR
- Have graduated from a first-level university degree (Bachelors or equivalent) in a field relevant to human rights (law, political science, social sciences, international relations, etc).
- Work Experience relevant to human rights and in Southern Africa is desirable.
- Language: Excellent written and spoken English is required.
- Knowledge of French, Portuguese or other languages from Southern Africa is an asset.
Number of Volunteers Needed
26 Weeks/ 20+ Hrs. Per Week
CLICK HERE TO APPLY.