The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) of India is a Statutory public body constituted on 12 October 1993 under the Protection of Human Rights Ordinance of September 28, 1993. It was given a statutory basis by the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993 (PHRA).
The NHRC is the National Human Rights Commission of India, responsible for the protection and promotion of human rights, defined by the Act as “Rights Relating To Life, liberty, equality and dignity of the individual guaranteed by the Constitution or embodied in the International Covenants and enforceable by courts in India.
The NHRC Internship Program
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has expressly been mandated to promote Human Rights literacy and awareness vide Section 12 (h) of the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993.
With a view to spreading awareness among University students about the need for protection and promotion of Human Rights, the Commission has been regularly conducting Internship Programmes’ since 1998.
- Program: Online Short Term Internship Programme (OSTI) April 2022
- Duration: April 18, 2022 to May 02, 2022 (15 days).
Applications are invited from eligible students of the entire country. Eligibility and selection criteria will be as follows:-
- Students studying in 3rd year and onwards of an integrated 5 year PG course
- Students studying in 3rd/final year of graduation course
- Students of any semester/year of any post-graduate degree course
- Students of any semester/year of any post-graduate diploma course
- Students who are research scholars in any stream
Students who have research potential in the areas relating to human rights will be preferred (to be indicated in the write-up).
Note: Students must have consistently attained a minimum of 60% marks in Class XII and all subsequent courses including the presently pursued courses. The calculated percentage has to be mentioned clearly from their CGPA/SGPA along with the formula for the percentage obtained. Failure to do either of it so would result in the rejection of the application form.
Stipend & Award
- All the student interns successfully completing the internship would receive a stipend of Rs. 2000/- (Rupees Two Thousand only)
- Certificate of participation will be awarded to the candidates on the basis of the following parameters:
- Attendance, Punctuality, Discipline, Participation in online sessions is mandatory;
- Project Presentation & Project Reports and Book Review have to be submitted timely.
How to Apply?
The last date for submission of the application is April 3, 2022 (11:59 PM).
The ‘Application Form’ for NHRC Online Short Term Internship Programme 2022 is available at the link ‘Online Short Term Internship’. Application is to be submitted online using the link Online Short Term Internship available at NHRC’s website. OR
Click on the link given at the end of this post to apply online.
The final list of selected interns will be displayed on the NHRC website.
Important Note: Incomplete applications/applications without self-attested copies of mark sheets, letters of recommendation & SOPs etc. will be rejected. Applications sent through e-mails/posts will not be entertained. No application will be accepted after the deadline i.e. April 3, 2022 (11:59 PM).
Applications without the following will be summarily rejected:
- Statement of Purpose (SoP): A 250 words write-up on the topic ‘Statement of Purpose (SoP) for joining NHRC Online Short Term Internship’ will be required to be submitted by the applicants along with the application form online which will also serve as a basis of selection.
- Marksheets: Enclose self-attested scanned copies of mark-sheet from 12th Standard and onwards and mark-sheet of each year/semester of presently pursuing course
- Recommendation Letter: Scanned Recommendation letter/email by HOD/Dean/Principal concerned in the annexed Proforma.
For any details, you may please contact on the following contact numbers:
Timings: Between 10 AM to 6 PM on working days, i.e. Monday to Friday
Link for the official notification
Link to apply
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.