O.P. Jindal Global University is organizing Conference on Promoting Gender Representation in Australian and Indian Companies on 29th Aug 2022.
The Centre for India Australia Studies (CIAS) and O.P. Jindal Global are organising a conference on “Promoting Gender Representation in Australian and Indian Companies: External Drivers of Change” as part of the project titled ‘Promoting Women in Leadership: Diversity on Boards in Australia and India’.
- Rachel Waterhouse, Chief Executive Officer, Australian Shareholders’ Association.
- Dr Akshaya Kamalnath, Senior Lecturer, ANU College of Law, Australian National University (ANU)
- Aparna Mittal, Founder, Samāna Centre for Gender, Policy and Law
- Rajiv Luthra, Founder & Managing Partner, Luthra and Luthra Law Offices India.
- Shweta Rao, Head, Vahura OnBoard (Board Search and Advisory)
- Hetal Dalal, President and Chief Operating Officer, Institutional Investor Advisory Services (IiAS)
- Moderator: Assistant Professor of Legal Practice, Divyangana Dhankar, JGU.
- The purpose of this conference is to identify key sources of power with the potential to drive gender representation in directorship and leadership positions (C-suite or executive roles).
- This conference identifies external drivers to be sources of power outside the company that have, or are in the position to, materially influence appointment of directors and key C-suite professionals.
- The panel focuses on the following external drivers to enhance gender representation-
- Shareholders, including but not limited to, institutional shareholders
- Promoter and Promoter Group, including but not limited to, promoters in family-based, government or foreign subsidiary companies.
- Representative Bodies, Advocacy Groups, Research Organisations, Professional Advisory Firms, Media and Search Firms
The conference is scheduled on Thursday, 29 September 2022 between 12 pm to 1:30 pm.
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.